Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Dirty fur

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Deem
      Participant
      64 posts Send Private Message

Hi everyone,

So my bunny gets dirty and messy all the time. He hangs with his face and ears  in the waterdish and after this he will roll and flop into his hay/toiletpaper/wood/dust/dirt everything what can possibly make him dirty, he is chilling in. What happens is that the dirty fur gets hard and when he cleans himself or when i’m brushing him, he will lose some fur and even some bald spots appeared in the back of his neck. 

Im thinking about going to a pet groomer to give his fur a little trim, so his mane will be the same length as his fur on his back so (hopefully) he will not get as dirty. 

Is it the best thing to do or will it just be a stressful experience for him?

Any tips to keep his fur clean(ish)? 

thanks in advance,

Deem & Daddy

• sunshinesocks
        Participant
        40 posts Send Private Message

I got a selection of combs as my boys have a tendency of getting stuff stuck in their mane. They’re also spectacularly lazy at self grooming so most of the time I just try and make sure I can run the comb through… Although I have had to trim tiny dreads out. I think because the boys are half lionhead I treat the top end of them like long hairs and brush them every other day because they hate getting matts out.

I guess it depends what your bun is like – one of mine (Cornflake) will quite happily go out shopping and the happiest I’ve ever seen him might be when he was in a trolley all flopped out and looking around the shops. Oz however would not enjoy other people touching him roughly. I guess it depends how particular you want the cut – you could just get some scissors or a quiet beard trimmer and have a go (if its really awful you could pay a professional later…)

• Deem
          Participant
          64 posts Send Private Message

hi sunshinesocks,

I followed your advice and gave him a cut.
            My bun is not bothered with traveling but he is not as comfy around others so i did the cut myself.

i think he is half lionhead as well but now he looks like a mini or dwarf lop except for the cheeks, these are still a bit fluffy!

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Dirty fur