Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Dirty bunny

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Fritter parent Avern
      Participant
      13 posts Send Private Message

So, I give my rabbit a dig Box and she looooooves it so much it is her favorite thing to do but now she’s covered in dirt, and now my white Bunny has become more Gray lol any good ideas on how to help clean her up some?

this is before and after 1 night lol ^

• LBJ10
        16898 posts Send Private Message

Were you using dirt for the dig box? Like potting soil or…? I guess I wouldn’t worry about it. But as long as she has access to the dig box, she is always going to be somewhat dirty. Obviously, she will groom herself and clean up quite a bit… but then the cycle will repeat itself.

Make sure whatever you are using is “clean” and free of any fertilizers, etc.

• Bam
          16870 posts Send Private Message

I personally prefer (bagged) potting-soil to sand, ever since I read about sand colic in horses, but I don’t know if sand colic applies to rabbits, since wild rabbits prefer to live and dig out their warrens in sandy soil. When I gave my bun a dig box with sandbox-sand for human kids, she actually tried to eat the sand, so I took it away. I think potting soil might be safer.

If your bun loves the dig box, I’d say her getting a bit dirty is worth it. Digging is such a very natural type of enrichment for a bun.

• Fritter parent Avern
            Participant
            13 posts Send Private Message

Oh ya its top soil not potting soil so it doesn’t have any fertilizers in (other than the ones she contributed) I was just wondering if I could use something like baby wipes to clean her up some.

• DanaNM
                8929 posts Send Private Message

the unscented water wipes are safe 🙂

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Dirty bunny