Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Dig Box Success!!!

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    • mrmac
      Participant
      2156 posts Send Private Message

I made a dig box for my bunnies last night and it was a HUGE hit with my boy!!! And I mean HUGE! HE probably sat in that box for at least an hour, and picked up each shred of newspaper and threw it in the air and then started digging, throw a piece, start digging! He even started doing binkies in the box! it was hilarious!

• LilynJestersMama
        Participant
        258 posts Send Private Message

That’s so darn cute! You’ve given me the motivation to make one for my Lily girl………..hopefully she will love it just as much! How big are the newspaper pieces?

• mrmac
          Participant

I made mine about 1/2 to 1 inch. It is his little hideout now! My girl hasnt shown too much interest yet but I think the longer it sits there the more she will start to notice it! I hope Lily likes it!

• LilynJestersMama
            Participant

Ok, this might be a silly question but I have to ask it anyway….hehe Did you put the newspaper pieces through a shredder or did you just cut them up?

• FluffyBunny
              Participant
              1263 posts Send Private Message

I have an addition to cardboard diggy box toys… I think the topic is Bunny House/Dig Box When I made a dig box, I just shredded the pieces with my hands…For some shredding fun you might want to include some 3 or 4 inch pieces of newspaper

• LilynJestersMama
                Participant

Thank you for the good info guys- this will be my bunny project of the week. If she really gets into, I promise to snap some pics of her in action.

• mrmac
                  Participant

I just took a box cutter and sliced the paper that way, he’s been in it all morning!

• mrmac
                    Participant

I got a couple pics of him in it! The third one I just thoguht was a funny one of him! He looks drugged after he gets pets!

1226413537758.jpg
                      1226413548629.jpg
                      1226413558031.jpg

• LilynJestersMama
                      Participant

I love those pics! That’s so cute that he’s spending so much time in it! In the last pic, it looks like he’s tapping his lil bunny paw and wondering,”where’s my treat, Mom??”

A thought just occured to me- last time I put hay in a cardboard box for Lily, she mistaked it for a litter box- so, I might go through several of these! Luckily I can get the boxes and the paper for free

• sharper
                        Participant
                        150 posts Send Private Message

aww so cute! Looks like he’s having a blast! After I get through moving this weekend, I’ll have plenty of boxes to try for a digging box for my girls.

• LilynJestersMama
                          Participant

Well, I made a dig box for Lily last night and she wandered in and out of it a few times- no digging. I think she wondered what the paper mess was all about. I will leave it out for her and she might decide it’s a cool new thing to play in. Sometimes stuff will sit around for weeks untouched and then she discovers it! I didn’t have any newspapers at home so I tore strips out of an old phonebook. I tore the pages vertically- they were so easy to tear and they made perfectly straight strips of paper.

• mrmac
                            Participant

I hope she discovers it!

• Moonlight_Wolf
                              Participant
                              1155 posts Send Private Message

Aww Fern loves her diggy box too. Hers is a plastic container though. She digs insanely in it when I give it to her. I put a big piece of cardboard at the bottom of it that covers the whole bottom and Fern loves to shred and dig that!

• LilynJestersMama
                                Participant

I hope Lily takes a liking to it because it would make for some cute pictures! Selfish me…….. hehe

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Dig Box Success!!!