Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Diet for 15 week old rabbits

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Cay07
      Participant
      12 posts Send Private Message

Hi everyone,

I’ve currently got 3 male rabbits who are all 15 weeks old. I just wanted to see what others fed their rabbits at this age as everywhere says different things.

Here’s their timetable:

Morning:
        A ceramic bowl of junior excell burgess pellets in the morning (I’m in the process of weaning them onto the adult pellets ready for 16 weeks)
        A range of veggies/fruit- e.g, romaine lettuce, sugar snap peas, kale, spinach, mint, parsley and then apple or carrots once/twice a week
        Obviously their water and lots of hay (the same size of them is the sizing I go off and seems to be enough)

Lunch:
        Refill water bowls/bottles
        Check the hay but there’s always enough

Evening:
        Check their pellets
        Check their hay, give more if they’ve ran out (never happens lol)
        Refill water bows/bottles

Originally I used to do half pellets in the morning and half in the evening but I found they eat better when given it in the morning as they are good at rationing through the day.

As they get bigger I will start to give them more veggies in the evening but as they’re still relatively new to the veggie life I’m taking it slowly- hopefully not too slowly.

Any tips anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated! Even if you just share your timetable for young rabbits (around the same age) that would be great!!

• Kiki
        Participant
        205 posts Send Private Message

Go sparingly on the kale and sugar snap peas. Sugar snap peas should be more of a treat because of the sugar. Kale I have read mixed things on about calcium levels and their kidneys. I was told not to give these things until Indie was at least 4 months old, but if it has been going well then carry on. I give Indie high protein pellets 1/4 of a cup a day because she’s only about 5 lbs.

• Cay07
          Participant

Hi, thanks for your reply!

I’m glad I’m not the only one who has seen mixed things about kale. My bunnies usually have it about 3 times a week, I hope that’s not too many. The sugarsnap peas are only given maybe twice a week if that, mainly because I eat them lol.

When I measured out how many pellets to give them, the recommendations say 50-60g which is the equivalent of three handfuls for me. I may have to measure using a cup but it’s definitely more than that. I might weigh them in the next few days and check with my vet

• Kiki
            Participant
            205 posts Send Private Message

I would check with your vet They are very helpful

• Sirius&Luna
              Participant
              2319 posts Send Private Message

Their diet sounds about right I’ve never fed sugar snap peas myself so I’m not sure if they’re bunny safe, but I’m sure you’ve checked. My buns love coriander/cilantro, so that might be a good option to add to your rotation

Are they all living together? I ask because baby buns get on with anyone, but as they start to mature and their hormones kick in, normally around the 4 month mark, they tend to get very aggressive and will suddenly start fighting, even buns that have been together since birth. It’s best to separate them before they fight, then get them all neutered before going through a bonding process so that they can live together permanently

• Cay07
                Participant

Thank you for your reply!

I feed the sugar snap peas as more of a treat once or twice a week but from my research and experience they are safe . Coriander sounds good, I might try that with them next once they are used to cucumber (my latest food for them). 

I wish I had known this last week, they all lived together and they have all been neutered nearly two weeks ago. Unfortunately they started fighting last week so I separated them straight away and am waiting a month then will start bonding them again 

• Sirius&Luna
                  Participant
                  2319 posts Send Private Message

Oh dear! Well I’m glad they’re separated now Head over to the bonding forum if you need any bonding tips when you’re ready

• Bunny House
                    Participant
                    1241 posts Send Private Message

I would keep them separated until all of then ate neutered and then wait a month after and then start bonding them.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Diet for 15 week old rabbits