Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Did a CHIPMUNK cause our bun to act this way?!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • SniffSniff186
      Participant
      12 posts Send Private Message

I’ll try to keep this short!

In the last few days, our bun Topper has been having pee accidents all over the house.  Never had this problem before, and she’s over 2 years old.  She’s a free-roaming bun, but she can’t access the basement or the bedroom.  Her pee accidents have only been in her room (on her bed and the floor) and in front of the back patio door.  From what I can tell, these are the only 2 places she’s peed.  So I can’t tell if they’re on purpose, or just a coincidence that they are accidents here (I’m leaning more towards doing it on purpose because she spends time in other places of the house that aren’t affected).

So what about the chipmunk?

About 2 days before this all started, a chipmunk snuck it’s way into the house and was here overnight until we found it and got rid of it in the morning.  So my thought was that maybe Topper is trying to get rid of the smell?  I don’t know exactly where the chipmunk ended up, but maybe it was in Topper’s room?

Does anyone have any thoughts?

• DanaNM
        8901 posts Send Private Message

It could have been?

If it was from the chipmunk, I would think she would get better over the next couple days as the smell goes away. If not, then I would have her checked for bladder issues, because it could be a weird coincidence.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Did a CHIPMUNK cause our bun to act this way?!