Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums DIET & CARE Deleted

This topic contains 8sd replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Deleted User 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Deleted User
    Participant

Deleted

PumpkinButtons
    Participant

My bunny is grey with white feet. I had the same issue but I allowed him to clean them himself, so I wouldn’t stress him out. His feet were yellow when i got him and then about a week or 2 afterward, and making sure his cage was clean, he cleaned all them yellow off and has all clean white feet.

Bunny House
    Participant

When I got patches he was housed in a cat carrier so he was all yellow. Pee tends to stain fur so you might just need to let it grow out. Then they will start to clean themselves and you won’t even notice they are yellow besides the bottom of their paws for a while!

sarahthegemini
    Participant

I’d let it grow out. It may look unsightly but it’s harmless. And so long as you are using a more absorbent litter, they won’t get worse. I think it took a couple of months for Buttercup’s yellow feet to become white when she was little. Now she’s got stained feet again so I’m playing the waiting game lol.

joea64
    Participant

When Panda and Fernando came to live with me last August, they had VERY yellowed feet which did look rather unattractive. After ten months, though, and using a litterbox every day with highly absorbent paper litter under a thick layer of hay, the fur on their feet looks much nicer. Both buns are very assiduous about cleaning themselves.

YandereCapybara
    Participant

Both Gary and Micky’s feet are still pretty yellow from their days of not using the litterbox, but I just leave it, usually.
    When they get new stains, I take corn starch and warm water to wash it off.
    Not sure if corn starch is edible or not, so make sure you prevent your bunnies from ingesting it (I use one of those cones that dogs and cats use, but with light material so it doesn’t bother the bunny)

bumpkin93
    Participant

I agree with the other users. I’ve seen this happen to a few buns. Let it grow out. They will clean themselves and take care of it. They just need a different litter and like someone suggested, a nice padding of hay to stand on.

Azerane

If you’re still using newspaper at the moment there’s not much point in cleaning them. Newspaper does stain their feet, if you switch to a different bedding such as fleece then the feet will naturally shed fur and go back to their normal colour without any need for cleaning

Deleted User
    Participant

Deleted

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.