Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Deleted

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • Deleted User
      Participant
      22064 posts Send Private Message

Deleted

• Babyfacecupcake
        Participant
        49 posts Send Private Message

My bunny is grey with white feet. I had the same issue but I allowed him to clean them himself, so I wouldn’t stress him out. His feet were yellow when i got him and then about a week or 2 afterward, and making sure his cage was clean, he cleaned all them yellow off and has all clean white feet.

• Bunny House
          Participant
          1241 posts Send Private Message

When I got patches he was housed in a cat carrier so he was all yellow. Pee tends to stain fur so you might just need to let it grow out. Then they will start to clean themselves and you won’t even notice they are yellow besides the bottom of their paws for a while!

• sarahthegemini
            Participant
            5584 posts Send Private Message

I’d let it grow out. It may look unsightly but it’s harmless. And so long as you are using a more absorbent litter, they won’t get worse. I think it took a couple of months for Buttercup’s yellow feet to become white when she was little. Now she’s got stained feet again so I’m playing the waiting game lol.

• joea64
              Participant
              1423 posts Send Private Message

When Panda and Fernando came to live with me last August, they had VERY yellowed feet which did look rather unattractive. After ten months, though, and using a litterbox every day with highly absorbent paper litter under a thick layer of hay, the fur on their feet looks much nicer. Both buns are very assiduous about cleaning themselves.

• YandereCapybara
                Participant
                58 posts Send Private Message

Both Gary and Micky’s feet are still pretty yellow from their days of not using the litterbox, but I just leave it, usually.
                  When they get new stains, I take corn starch and warm water to wash it off.
                  Not sure if corn starch is edible or not, so make sure you prevent your bunnies from ingesting it (I use one of those cones that dogs and cats use, but with light material so it doesn’t bother the bunny)

• bumpkin93
                  Participant
                  76 posts Send Private Message

I agree with the other users. I’ve seen this happen to a few buns. Let it grow out. They will clean themselves and take care of it. They just need a different litter and like someone suggested, a nice padding of hay to stand on.

• Azerane
                    4688 posts Send Private Message

If you’re still using newspaper at the moment there’s not much point in cleaning them. Newspaper does stain their feet, if you switch to a different bedding such as fleece then the feet will naturally shed fur and go back to their normal colour without any need for cleaning

• Deleted User
                      Participant
                      22064 posts Send Private Message

Deleted

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Deleted