Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Deleted

This topic contains 8sd replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Daisy 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Deleted User
    Participant

Deleted

Boing
    Participant

Hi loppielop1,

Without a picture, I’m not sure what she’d be. Can you post one?

Deleted User
    Participant

Deleted

Sirius&Luna
    Participant

She is adorable! I would say that she’s definitely one of the small lop breeds – which is Holland or Mini, but you’re right, they are slightly different depending which country you’re in. How much does she weigh? Weight is the key difference. US Mini lops are bigger than US Holland lops, but a UK mini lop is the same as a US holland lop. The ‘ideal breed’ weight for an adult UK mini lop is around 1.5kg, whereas a US Mini lop is up to 3kg 

Be sure to check out the BUNNY INFO section for all the important info on caring for your new bun!

kurottabun
    Participant

She looks quite like a Holland Lop but I think it’s quite difficult to tell when she’s still a baby. Anyway she’s so cuteee! Love those helicopter ears!

Deleted User
    Participant

Deleted

Sirius&Luna
    Participant

Honestly, I have no idea Perhaps a dwarf lop? Although I’ve just googled them and apparently they’re 2-2.5kg, so a little smaller! We have a whole load of different lop breeds in the UK, like English lops, French lops, German lops… It’s pretty confusing, but ultimately the breed doesn’t really matter

She’s super cute though!

Sofia
    Participant

I live in Ireland so I also have to deal with the million different type of lop breeds ? don’t have a clue but just wanted to say she’s adorable

Daisy
    Participant

Posted By Sirius&Luna on 6/20/2018 4:33 AM

Honestly, I have no idea Perhaps a dwarf lop? Although I’ve just googled them and apparently they’re 2-2.5kg, so a little smaller! We have a whole load of different lop breeds in the UK, like English lops, French lops, German lops… It’s pretty confusing, but ultimately the breed doesn’t really matter

She’s super cute though!

It’s actually not! English lops have extremely long ears – so long that they can stand and trip over them and get infected/injured a lot. French lops are a giant breed and the biggest lop that exists, they start at 5 kg! German lops are bigger than Netherland lops (1-2 kg) but smaller than French lops, so they’re between 2-5 kg. I have no idea what the European equivalent of mini lops are, haha. It’s also an incredibly confusing name, because it’s bigger than a Netherland lop? :’D Maybe they’re the US equivalent of German lops?

Honestly if you have to ask what breed your bun is, it’s probably a mix.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.