Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Cuddling

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • MStewart87
      Participant
      41 posts Send Private Message

So we had a first tonight with Scooby. I was laying in my bed (I have been sick for days)and I figured I would put him up here with me ( I just saw him use his box so I figured it was a good time). He actually laid down between my arm and my body while I was laying on my back. I put the little sheet over some of him. It was really cute. Scooby is not a cuddly rabbit normally so I was wondering if anyone elses bunnies do similar things?

• Tracy
        Participant
        108 posts Send Private Message

…no cudles here,but bunny licks all the time…(bunny smiles)

• MooBunnay
          Participant
          3087 posts Send Private Message

Thats so sweet! Most of my bunnies are very skittish, but I’ve often heard of the lop eared bunnies being much snugglier My bunnies venture onto the bed with me, but don’t hang out for too long before they are exploring again. They are all young though, so maybe when they get older they will calm down a tad!

• MStewart87
            Participant
            41 posts Send Private Message

I was out of town all weekend so my boyfriends sister had Scooby and she has a chocolate lab that was raised around her Hamsters so he was taught to be gentle with small animals. Scooby treats him like a jungle gym! Jumping on him and walking all over him, I am thinking maybe being around another animal for a few days could he possibly be a tad sad that he doesn’t have his friend anymore?

Either way he was sweet to me…but I don’t want the lil man to be sad.

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
              Participant
              2517 posts Send Private Message

My bun has occasional bouts of cuddliness. It seems that when I’m particularly stressed or he does something that scares me, he’s more willing to snuggle. It’s good for me because it calms me down… I figure maybe rabbits can sense when a person is in distress to some extent.

• Floppy
                Participant
                490 posts Send Private Message

Floppy is pretty snuggly. He hops by my side and lays down around me so that
                  we can spend some time together, and when I say that…what I really mean is…
                  so that he can be petted for as long as I am willing. LOL He is a lop and I do find
                  him to be very sweet and affectionate. He’s my lil baby!

• dmh426
                  Participant
                  433 posts Send Private Message

Sophie likes to cuddle, as long as she is being petted. Her favorite spook is the “nook” as we call it in my house. She likes to lay between me and the back of the couch with her head resting on my arm. I swear she has a crush on George on Grey’s Anatomy just like her mom! lol. If they feel safe, i think they like to cuddle.

I also think they know when we don’t feel well. I had surgery a few weeks ago. My parents came to stay with me and i remember coming home from the hospital and saying I wanted Sophie. my dad said he’s never seen anything like it. She was in bed with me and just started licking my arm (I was still drugged and jsut wanted to sleep) and she jumped down off my bed when i fell asleep.

• babybunsmum
                    Participant
                    3896 posts Send Private Message

ahh very cute!  i think animals for sure sense our moods.  i’ve noticed that when i have to administer meds or clip nails or poke / prod if i’m at all nervous of how it’s going to go, then so is my bun or dog.  so i approach those situations with forced calmness and say things out loud like ‘i know its yucky but we need to do it’ in a gentle but very firm voice.  works every time to keep them reasonable as opposed to struggling & upset.

as for the cuddling… i thought since Baby has been verrry generous with the kisses lately i’d try to put her on my lap last night for a cuddle.  one of my past lops loved to sit on my lap with his wee head tucked into the crook of my arm.  but not Baby!  she instantly starts to dig and ‘re-arrange’ any clothing she can see.  i was prepared with a bunny blanket on my lap but still ended up getting nipped in the proccess & let her down after i realized she wasn’t relaxing.  as soon as she was down she was mellow.  i think she protests being ‘put’ anywhere

i’ll just edit in here… read a post about spaying & realize that this behaviour is typical for unspayed buns like Baby.  wish i’d have found a rabbit savvy vet back when she was wee who would spay her.  now that she’s 7 its a tad too late.  deary me.

• Alex <3 Pancake
                      Participant
                      14 posts Send Private Message

Pancake loves cuddles, especially if it’s combined with head stokes! He will sit there for ages snuggling. he likes kisses as well, licks my lips sometimes when I pucker up! Think that might just be because whatever I have recently drunk or eaten tastes nice! He he!

• Gravehearted
                        Participant
                        2428 posts Send Private Message

aww – therapeutic bunny healing!  hope you’ll be feeling much better soon.

Hareiette will occasionally sit on the couch with us for long term pets, but mostly my bunnies are not too snuggly.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Cuddling