Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Cube Thing-a-ma-jiggers.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
    • Frankz
      Participant
      114 posts Send Private Message

LOL…sorry about the title. Couldn’t think of anything.

So..I’ve heard you can get those cube set ups like an NIC grid at walmart. I’ve looked them up online before, and found them, but can’t find them. I searched for them the other night..we’re finally getting some to make Sunny’s cage . Thank you!

• RabbitPam
        11002 posts Send Private Message

I used to find them at Target, but be careful to read the box there or if you find them at Walmart. About a year ago they made them with wider openings between the bars. Went from 1.5″ to 3″ spaces, and little bunnies can get their faces stuck. I know that the grey metal colored ones still came with the smaller openings, but most of the colored ones went wider. You can usually tell by the picture on the box.

• Elrohwen
          Participant
          7318 posts Send Private Message

I’ve found boxes with just the small grids a Bed Bath & Beyond as well.

• Kiley Rose
            Participant
            267 posts Send Private Message

The walmart by me doesn’t carry them so I had to get them from Target.

• katie, max & penny
              Participant
              956 posts Send Private Message

• Monkeybun
                Participant
                10479 posts Send Private Message

I got mine at fred meyers lol. the little squares, not the 3 inch ones

• Barbie
                  Participant
                  1581 posts Send Private Message

Anyone know where to get just the connectors? The packs I buy from Bed Bath and Beyond only come with a few of the connectors… I’ve given up and used zip ties, and it seems like most people do, but if I could use ALL connectors, things would look much neater…

• katie, max & penny
                    Participant

i just use zipties

• Frankz
                      Participant

Ahh thank you everyone! P.S–I heard most people just use zip ties, they seem easiest.

Katie–Does “Set of 4” Mean just one square, or what each square adds up to-16?

• katie, max & penny
                        Participant

• Barbie
                          Participant

16 =) Those are the ones I use too.

• Monkeybun
                            Participant
                            10479 posts Send Private Message

I used connectors AND zip ties. the connectors just don’t hold it well enough, they come apart too easily.

• Beka27
                              Participant
                              16016 posts Send Private Message

Yeah, for some reason, the connectors don’t fit firmly enough to secure the whole thing… I actually made a shelving unit out of NIC grids (*GASP* I know, can you imagine using these cubes for STORAGE?!) and to keep the structure stable, I used the connectors AND I still secured each section with zipties… A lot of people can make a stable condo with only zipties, I have never had luck doing that, so play around with it and figure out what’s going to work best with what you have planned. There isn’t any one right way to make a condo.

• Frankz
                                Participant

@ The Connectors..

I’ve been watching videos for inspiration on designs & heard connectors aren’t so great, and zipties work good.

• Colie
                                  Participant
                                  63 posts Send Private Message

I use connectors and then zip-tie everything as well for stability. That way I am sure it will hold!

• Barbie
                                    Participant

What?! Your guys’ connectors don’t hold? Mine are incredibly tight and I have 3 sets so it’s not like I got one odd set… Once they’re put together, that’s pretty much it for me, I find it impossible to get them apart, so I don’t. That probably helps that I don’t bother taking them apart; I’m sure constant rearranging would weaken/loosen the connectors, but I’ve never had an issue. Then again, I also don’t use them for the cage…. just fences.

Oh and I did use the NIC grids for storage before I got Leroy.  They held up surprisingly well.  I used it for my food in the dorm room.   I was careful about keeping heavier stuff like canned foods and drinks on the bottom shelves (I made it into a 2×2… pretty much the only arrangement you can make given the limited # of connectors)

• Beka27
                                      Participant

Where did you get yours Barbie? I have the Target brand and my connectors were not tight at all. Some of the junctions were secure but others were always slipping out of place. Not sure if it’s a connector problem, or a slight variation in the width of the metal. Or maybe the Bed, Bath & Beyond ones are better quality (if that’s what you have).

I was fortunate to buy all my grids before Target’s supplier LOST THEIR MINDS and changed the design. The last time I was buying grids, I did get a bad box, but I was able to go return it and they still had some of the old stock left, so I exchanged it.

• Kiley Rose
                                        Participant
                                        267 posts Send Private Message

Just went to Target today…they’re $2 off…not much but better than paying full price! $14.99, but it does have both size squares so some are larger and my Nix can get right through those. I’m pretty sure she’ll be too big in a few weeks though.

• Deleted User
                                          Participant
                                          22064 posts Send Private Message

the connectors are not all the same quality. unless you buy rubbermaid brand cubes the connectors are weak and pop off easily which is the opposite of what you want. however, the rubbermaid brand cubes cost the most. I bought extra connectors on ebay.

• Beka27
                                            Participant

You don’t want to have the 3 inch grids anywhere the bunnies can access, so none of the walls. Even if they can’t get all the way thru, they can get their heads stuck. Some members have used them successfully to make the level shelves/foundations. Once you put wood or coroplast or something over the top, they will work just fine to support the bunny.

• Deleted User
                                              Participant
                                              22064 posts Send Private Message

Posted By Barbie on 12/26/2009 08:13 PM
                                                Anyone know where to get just the connectors? The packs I buy from Bed Bath and Beyond only come with a few of the connectors… I’ve given up and used zip ties, and it seems like most people do, but if I could use ALL connectors, things would look much neater…

NIC rabbit condos/pens use more connectors than storage cube systems. Here is the ebay link to where you can buy just connectors.

cgi.ebay.com/25-WHITE-connectors-wi…ltDomain_0

• Barbie
                                                Participant

Thanks Petzy! And yes, the ones I buy are from Bed Bath & Beyond

Viewing 21 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Cube Thing-a-ma-jiggers.