Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Covid and buns

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • prince dorian the bun
      Participant
      743 posts Send Private Message

I unfortunately caught covid and wondering if I should be worried about Dorian and Miu. I have heard of rare cases of cats or dogs getting sick, but nothing on rabbits so hopefully I haven’t put them at risk. I have been feeding them and petting them (well mostly just Dorian as Miu is mostly pet me with your eyes) Anyone else had to take care of buns while sick? I am hoping that I can hang out with them still as they are company, but don’t want to put them at risk either.

• prince dorian the bun
        Participant

I did find this article from house rabbit society: https://rabbit.org/covid-19-2/

Though it is more focused on rabbits transmitting than catching. It did seem to imply that they were asymptomatic though.

• LBJ10
          16870 posts Send Private Message

There was a study that showed it was technically possible for the virus to replicate in their nasal cavities. Keep in mind that they were artificially infected in a lab setting. It should also be noted that none of the rabbits in the experiment exhibited any symptoms. Verdict – Unlikely… but even if they did get the virus from you, it wouldn’t make them sick.

• prince dorian the bun
            Participant

Thanks @LBJ10! That makes me feel better, I tend to be such a worry wart with the buns. Also knowing that I don’t have to be trying to avoid interacting with them makes things easier as watching buns is good medicine!

• LBJ10
              16870 posts Send Private Message

Nothing wrong with washing your hands, etc. before interacting with them. But I don’t think you need to avoid them. 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Covid and buns