Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Covered in Kisses!

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
    • Deleted User
      Participant
      22064 posts Send Private Message

I posted a forum about how I feel like I finally bonded w/ Boston when I put her to sleep the other day. That was Friday night. I left Saturday morning to go back home to Iowa and didn’t get back till late Sunday night. In the meantime, my boyfriend told me about how Boston was licking his face and playing with his goatee. I was so jealous! I take care of Boston 95% of the time so I was upset that he was getting loving and I never had!

So when I got home Sunday night I laid on the floor and in about half an hour, I was getting covered in kisses too! Now I just can’t stay out of her pen. When I’m in there, all she wants to do is ‘groom’ me. I have the cleanest nose in Minnesota!! Good thing she’s got good breath cuz she tries to lick inside my nose! Then she plays with my hair, almost combing it out! When she’s done she’ll lay her head on my arm and push at my lips with her nose as if to say ‘ok, now you groom me!’ haha! I’m loving this bunny attention.

When I leave her pen she follows me to the edge, and gives me a sad face: “Don’t leave me mommy!” I can’t wait till she gets spayed. My boyfriend said once she’s spayed and doesn’t chew as much, we will bunny-proof the rest of the apartment so she can run around everywhere, yay!

Sorry for the rambling!

Pic of Boston when I put her to sleep the other night!

1414574517971.jpg

• Lion_Lop_Lover
        Participant
        971 posts Send Private Message

Very lucky

• Deleted User
          Participant

A question to add to my ramblings…

When Boston is licking my face and whatnot, she will stop and kind of run around me and then lick me some more. While she’s running she makes this noise–boyfriend calls it a grunt, I think its more of a buzzing….

What do you think it is? Is it saying she’s happy?

• bunnytowne
            Participant
            7537 posts Send Private Message

the noise ohh hshe really really luvs you wow cool

• osprey
              Participant
              2065 posts Send Private Message

That buzzing noise is bunny language for “I like you alot”.

• Deleted User
                Participant

Awww she is beautiful … oh yes … she loves her Mummy lots.

Sweet!

• BinkyBunny
                  8776 posts Send Private Message

well, the buzzing noise I typically hear from male bunnies that want to mate. So are you 100% sure that your bunny is a she? (though I do believe females can “buzz” too), I just have only heard it from males.

• Lisa_43
                    Participant
                    1499 posts Send Private Message

Now that is a cute bunny.

• rabbitsmba
                      Participant
                      475 posts Send Private Message

Am I the only one who got a little freaked when you said “put her to sleep”? I was like, WHAT? OOOOOOHHHHHHHH! You mean “Tucked her in for the night”! Phew! Okay, that’s better….

Sweet bunny. Bunny licks are the best thing in the world!

• JK
                        Participant
                        2223 posts Send Private Message

I know doesn’t this just melt your heart???? Edson is the same way except he doesn’t run around and grunt or buzz!!!! It’s so hard to leave them.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                          Participant
                          12067 posts Send Private Message

AWWWW bunnie grooming is heart warming!!

• Deleted User
                            Participant

Starting to have my doubts about the bunny love….hmm…BB-you asked if we were 100% she’s a ‘she’?? Well we were told by the pet store that she is, so considering all the wonderful info we already got, no we’re not sure! We got even more doubts when she mounted my boyfriend’s arm and started humping….we tried to look to see if we could tell, but “she” wouldn’t hold still. I’m thinking he/she is hitting sexual maturity and its time to get spayed/neutered. I’m gonna call the vet today and see what they think.

i just hope its not a faze whether Boston is a girl or a boy. (Good thing we picked a gender neutral name!) and that the bunny lovin/lickin continues!!!

• notjulesverne
                              Participant
                              207 posts Send Private Message

what a cutie

• RabbitPam
                                11002 posts Send Private Message

rabitsmba,
                                  No you’re not the only one. I caught my breath until I read more and learned what it meant. Whew.

I would think that if Boston is old enough to be spayed/neutered, a peek would show if you’re dealing with an “inny” or an “outy.” IF one of you holds Boston up for just a few seconds the other can take a good look. Once Spockie reached sexual maturity, he started relieving himself alone in his cage and it was quite clear.

• Deleted User
                                  Participant

I got Boston to stay still to get a good look at her genitals….then I realized i don’t know how to tell the difference….she has what looked more like a slit than say, a penis. Hm…anyone know how to really tell? or have a good website w/ pics?

• RabbitPam
                                    11002 posts Send Private Message

http://www.geocities.com/dutchrabbitinfo/sexing.html

allenj1, I remembered seeing this group of pix a few months ago, (while researching dwarf rabbits) and found it again when I just googled.

BinkyBunny, I hope it’s not too explicit – I know you are keeping an eye on acceptable posts for a few weeks. I just found these to be very informative pictures, where the verbal descriptions on other sites were kind of hard to understand. I went straight to the pix from google, so not endorsing the website itself.

• Deleted User
                                      Participant

Sorry! didn’t mean to scare anyone about the putting to sleep! glad you knew what i meant! i called the vet (closest ‘rabbit’ vet is about 3 hours away) and they told me to wait another month to make sure he/she is old enough so as not to make a pointless trip….

rabbitpam, i’m going to check out the pics now…thanks for your help!

• Binkles
                                        Participant
                                        823 posts Send Private Message

Hehehehe. Binkles is a ‘grunter,’ and she is most DEFINITELY a she. All $175 worth of a spay of it. She grunts ALL the time. Constantly. But it’s bearly audible to the ear. You can only hear it if you’re laying right next to her.

I suppose it may be what’s referred to by some as ‘mumbling’. She’s never in any pain -she just…mumbles! Every time she takes a step, moves her head, or does any other sort of an action, it’s just “Nn. Nn. Nn….Nn.”

Little-Bit, on the other hand, is a NOTORIOUS kisser. I mean just INSANE. She kisses when she’s happy, she kisses when she’s mad…she kisses when she begs. I had her secured in my hands on the table at the vet as they were prodding around in her ears and she was just FURIOUSLY kissing me. I swear this bun will kiss until her mouth runs dry!

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Covered in Kisses!