Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Cotton n Ruby

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • bunnytowne
      Participant
      7537 posts Send Private Message

I am not sure about bonding these 2.    They fought b4 and I thought they were bonded.   Then Cottons lip bled cuz Ruby bit him a good one.

As it is   Cotton goes up to Ruby’s cage and pokes his nose there.   Ruby goes over n bites his nose.    He usually has hair missing from his nose cuz of this.

We try to keep him from sticking his nose there so she can bite it.   I take that as a bad sign on bonding.   That I shouldn’t even bother cuz they have issues with each other.

Plus Cotton is super jealous.

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

I don’t think the nose bite is indicative of how she feels other than don’t put your nose in my cage because it’s a temptation for me to bite it. I don’t think this is a sign at all about how their bonding will go.

I would think if he’s super jealous then he would want to be with her.

I think the most difficult challenge is any neutral space in your apartment. I don’t think any issues in the past mean that it cannot be worked out now – they are older and more mellow and sometimes than can be an advantage.

• RabbitPam
          11002 posts Send Private Message

Where were you thinking of for neutral territory?
            I think if you start fully armed – water squirt bottle, mesh strainer, gloves – and can do something like Beka did with the laundry basket on top of a running dryer to simulate a moving car, then it might be worth trying a few first steps again.

• Deleted User
            Participant
            22064 posts Send Private Message

yes, you need to go in fully-armed. If you can get past the initial hostilities, which are common, you would have a starting point. The past has been long ago so they are starting fresh. It’s new fighting that you would want to prevent with the gear and setup that RP mentioned.

• bunnytowne
              Participant
              7537 posts Send Private Message

I have put them together b4 in the bathroom.   Recently.   Cotton asked for grooms and Ruby ignored him.   Cotton got frustrated.  They started to go in a circle n I stopped it.  

Yes neutral space is hard.   I only have the kitchen.   Then Cotton starts pooping and peeing to mark the kitchen boundary.  

In the bathroom it is part of Ruby’s territory that she doesn’t use too much. 

Cotton is jealous of me and any attention I give to Ruby.    Or jealous of her.   She loves to be petted.  When I pet her he gets mad

• Deleted User
                Participant
                22064 posts Send Private Message

Posted By bunnytowne on 11/06/2010 08:46 PM

They started to go in a circle n I stopped it.  

Yes neutral space is hard.  

you have got to use neutral space, your rabbits both think they own your apartment.

What about a bathtub or shower stall, can you use that?

• jerseygirl
                  22345 posts Send Private Message

BT, do you have a neighbour/friend who would be open to you bringing the rabbits to their place? You might be able to try a bunny date there to see if a new space makes a difference or not.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Cotton n Ruby