Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Cooper got fixed yesterday

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Hedi
      Participant
      969 posts Send Private Message

Poor Cooper…. he got neutered yesterday by a mobile vet unit that comes to our humane society. The cost was $50 so I couldnt pass it up. But then after talking to the house rabbit society they no longer use their services in Columbus, OH but didn’t really say except the issues were with spays.

He was a trooper. The clinic was full of dogs and him. They did keep him in the back alone so he wouldnt be in the middle of all those dogs. I am thankful for that. Since I work there they know me and would come and give me updates on him. I went back and got him yesterday evening. He sat for awhile and just stared. Ate a little. Then after a little while he was fine. He let me hold him for a half hour and pet him. He ate, pee’d and poo’d so we are good!

But they did give him Metacam 0.3mg twice a day for three days. I found online it is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory- comparable to human Aleve or Advil.

He is doing fine though. I have to squirt a little in a raisin to get him to take it. When my husbands home we make a bunny burrito and we can get him to take it by squirting it in his mouth.

• osprey
        Participant
        2065 posts Send Private Message

The vet that I deal with, (Adobe Animal Hospital if you are in the Bay Area) does alot of spay/neuters for The Rabbit Haven and also other surgeries like abcesses.  They almost always prescribe Metacam for bunnies, so it sounds like they are doing the same with Cooper.  For neuters, they don’t usually prescribe at home meds, they just give the bun a shot that lasts for a couple of days.

So, now we have to get one of these for Cooper:

• Gravehearted
          Participant
          2428 posts Send Private Message

Hedi, it sounds like he was a real trooper! How’s he doing today? The Metacam really helps them be more comfortable post surgery, so means they’re more likely to eat which is important. sending healing wishes his way… he likely will bounce back a lil faster than your girls since neuters are less invasive than spays.

Osprey – that sign is too cute! i love it!

• Hedi
            Participant
            969 posts Send Private Message

lol Thank you for the certificate!

He did great. My girls sat staring for the whole night after surgery. He did that for a little while then back to normal. Today he has been fine. Not too much running around. Spends most of his time laying in his litter box or laying "superman style" along his cage door.

Yesterday was a long day for me. We gave him his med last nite and I forgot to lock is cage door! (I am losing my mind!) But he didnt figure it out until this morning when my husband got up for work so he caught him fairly quickly and herded him back to his house. lol

During the nite he ate ALL of his veggies. And today he ate some pellets and most of his veggies. He likes having a water bowl-he goes back and forth between that and his bottle. lol His new house is now 5ft long x 3ft widthx2ft high- so I dont feel so guilty not giving him time out to play now.

Thank you for all ur well wishes!

• cookie627
              Participant
              387 posts Send Private Message

i hope he recovers great! what to get mine neutered badly!!!

• Gravehearted
                Participant
                2428 posts Send Private Message

ooo that’s great that he’s eating so well already – gooo Cooper! i am sure he must be thrilled with his new house too.
                  It’s better for him to be taking it easy for a day or two post neuter, so it’s a good thing he’s taking it easy.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Cooper got fixed yesterday