Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Cookie is jumping, emergency help

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Ert000
      Participant
      130 posts Send Private Message

Cookie has a pet park. Normally pretty high and didn’t jump at all. Nut he started jumping out of the pet park for the first time since he started sleeping in that room next to us. I’m also afraid that he will break his leg because he is high. I have no idea how he managed to jump from this high place 3 times in a row. I am also afraid that he will break his leg. I’m afraid he’ll make it a habit now so I took him to his room. Tomorrow I will buy a net for the ceiling of the pet park.

What should I do tonight, does Cookie make it a habit, help. 🙁

Nomally this is a dog park and it’s high. I still don’t understand how he managed to jump. He hasn’t done it for a year. He’s only doing it out of curiosity because we’re sleeping with him, he can’t stay inside when we’re with him

Pet park height: 60cm

In addition, there are fires in 35 cities in our country. There is no burning place left, cities, forests turned to ashes. There will be no wild animals left in the country, thousands of animals burned to death, we are devastated. We’re about to go crazy. We can’t eat, we can’t sleep for 8 days. My house is 100 meters from the forest and fire started to break out at several points every day, only because the fire is immediately intervened, the fire does not grow. But it can grow any time. We are waiting in front of the apartment with plastic bottles of water and shovels. We can’t sleep at night for fear of “we’ll fire in sleep”. I even prepared a fire bag for Cookie. It has a water, air oxygen machine (in case of smoke poisoning), along with a bale of hay. Normally Cookie has his own room but we all sleep in the same room at night for fear of fire. And I put him in the pet park at night with us. But at night he doesn’t sit comfortably because he realizes that we are next to him, he keeps jumping and wants to come near us, wondering what we are doing. We couldn’t deal with it anymore and everyone had to sleep in their room again, although it would be better if we slept together in case of fire. Because it’s easier to run away when something happens. Now I’ve even experienced anxiety from fear. How do I deal with this problem, please help. The only solution I can think of is to get a net on top of the pet park.

Love for animals is the escape of human from human..

• Wick & Fable
        5781 posts Send Private Message

I hope you were able to find a solution! A ceiling on it does sound like the best bet if getting a higher one isn’t an option. 60cm is actually short for a pen. I typically at least 80cm. It would be good, when possible, to buy a taller one if you can.

It may help to put a sheet around the pen to block cookie being able to see you as well. If cookie can’t see the other side, cookie may not want to jump.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• LBJ10
          16908 posts Send Private Message

I think covering the pen is a good idea. It will discourage Cookie from trying to jump out.

• Ert000
            Participant

Normally, the pet park is closed, but there is a perforated mesh on the top for air. He does it just because he sees us, other times he doesn’t jump. I bought a perforated net over the pet park.

Cookie does this just because he’s curious. So curious that he surprises me. How is he so curious about everything? 🙄🙄🙄

Even when I open the refrigerator door, he wonders what happened. He wonders even when I put the dishes in the dishwasher. Normally, rabbits are afraid of vacuum cleaners, but my bunny is chasing the vacuum cleaner out of curiosity. 😁😁 When the bell rings, even when the courier arrives, he waits and watches at the door. 🙄 Normally bunnies are curious but my bunny seems to be more curious in my opinion. 🤔🤔

• DanaNM
              8935 posts Send Private Message

Each bun has a different personality. Some of my buns have always wanted to investigate everything, others don’t seem interested at all. 🙂

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Ert000
                  Participant

You are right, I think so too ☺️

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Cookie is jumping, emergency help