Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Cookie at hospital!!!!!!!

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
    • cookie627
      Participant
      387 posts Send Private Message

i am SO worried about cookie!!!!!! he is getting neutered today. i dropped him off yesturday night though. i’m wondering if he’ll do fine.

• osprey
        Participant
        2065 posts Send Private Message

It is very scary when a beloved animal friend has to undergo surgery, but for the most part, neutering is a straightforward process.  We get many, many bunnies spayed and neutered as they come through the Rabbit Haven, and the boys seem to get through it just fine.  Spays can be harder and have more complications because the abdomen is opened up, but the boys are usually given one pain shot at the vet, and then warm compresses for a couple of days and that is it.  They are often eating by the time they leave the hospital.  Keeping my fingers crossed for the little guy….

• MooBunnay
          Participant
          3087 posts Send Private Message

The first time I dropped off a boy for surgery I was scared too – but soon you will be returning to pick him up and he will be very happy to see you! Boys usually do not have as tough of a recovery as girls, and he will probably be up and around soon. One thing to watch out for with boys – if the side of their litterbox is high, consider putting their carrier (without the door) in the pen as a litterbox, that way he won’t hurt his “stuff” jumping over the side of the box. I usually put the carrier in with the lid but no door that way they can just walk in and don’t hop over the side or anything.

• Scarlet_Rose
            Participant
            4293 posts Send Private Message

I think he’ll be just great and recover with flying colors! Let us know as soon as you get back from picking him up!

• BinkyBunny
              8776 posts Send Private Message

Oh Cookie, I know how ya feel. It is so hard not to worry. I’m sure he”ll be just fine. I’m sending out quick healing vibes! Keep us updated.

• cookie627
                Participant

OH i am SO happy he is eating and pooping fine. he seems ok. i am surprised he didn’t flop down and sleep or anything. he also went directly to the food bowl looking for food!!!!!!! i also thought they whould shave his fur. . . but they didn’t.

• luvmybuns
                  Participant
                  65 posts Send Private Message

I’m sure Cookie will be fine.  I got Digger neutered in the morning and took him home the same evening.  We had a 2 hour drive there and 2 hours on the way home.  By the next day, you would never have known anything happened to him.  I did keep him in his cage for a few days, so he wouldn’t jump too much.      My Buns send their best wishes to Cookie.

• Scarlet_Rose
                    Participant

Oh that’s great news! What a big boy now!

• BinkyBunny

YEAH!!! That’s great. Females have to be shaved quite a bit, so the fact he is a male means they don’t have to be so invasive. Males recover quicker and it looks like Cookie is off to a running start. I know my first bunny Forrest was like Cookie, and he was also very active. The vet said I needed to prevent him from jumping up and down on high places and keep his activity level down for the week after.

• cookie627
                        Participant

yeah. i feel sad for cookie. he has to be caged up for 5 days. he is chewing the cage to get out!!!!! doesn’t stop!!!! poor baby.

• brad
                          Participant
                          22 posts Send Private Message

im so glad that he made it threw even though he has to sit in his cage for a few days.

• MooBunnay
                            Participant
                            3087 posts Send Private Message

He’ll be find in the cage – even though he’ll protest it for awhile! My boy didn’t like it either but he was OK with it after a bit as long as I gave him lots of pets while he was sitting in the cage and healing. I’m glad to hear he was looking for food right away…those boys…always eating!

• cookie627
                              Participant

lol! cookie is constantly eating!!!!!!! he is doing fine now. now he is running around my house!! i missed that liitle guy running!!!

• BinkyBunny

YEAH!!!!!!! That’s great! You are a wonderful bunny parent!

• cookie627
                                  Participant

thank you!!!! and i am proud!!

• somebunnylovesyou
                                    Participant
                                    10 posts Send Private Message

I am so glad Cookie is okay !! Hugs !!

• cookie627
                                      Participant

i am SO happy. one major thing stopped. . . the SPRAYING!!!! i don’t have to change any more! YAY!!!!!!!!

• BinkyBunny

YEAH!!! Cookie that’s great news! I’m doing a Binky for ya!! You deserve all those wonderful positives!! I think you will find that over the next few months, it will just get better and better.

• cookie627
                                          Participant

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!! but he did ONCE spray my friend. but then again he always sprayed her when she came over!

• Scarlet_Rose
                                            Participant

Alright! Well, not alright for your guest, I guest he feels rather attached to them then.

• cookie627
                                              Participant

maybe he does feel that way!

• Gravehearted
                                                Participant
                                                2428 posts Send Private Message

I’m so glad to hear he’s doing well after the procedure!

Viewing 21 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Cookie at hospital!!!!!!!