Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A conserned

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    • lilmizzsnickerz
      Participant
      318 posts Send Private Message

havent been on in a long time but i decided to ask you opinions on a recent problem of mines my parents have recently split up and my mum has moved in with me her allergys were to bad for her to put up with and i was giving a choice either find a new home for domino or move him into the garden i really dont want to part with my baby so i bought a rather big cage with a 4 X 4 run attached then attached his playpen also 4 X 4 and he was moved into the yard i really didnt want him living outside but didnt want to be parted with him during the day he has the run of the garden and the house as i keep the back door open he seems to be enjoying it and i am going to get another rabbit to keep him company do you think this arrangement is suitable or would it be better for me to find him a new home bare in mind that i living in northern ireland so its unlikely that it will be to hot for him outside

concerned bunny mummy

~*~lozzy~*~

• Floppy
        Participant
        490 posts Send Private Message

if it is ok with your mom it shouldnt be too bad as long as you

feel you will get to spend time with your bunny. If she has allergys

I am not sure how she will feel about you getting another bunny…

I’d just say just make sure the change goes over smooth so that

your bunny doesnt get depressed or stressed out…otherwise

goodluck with your situation.

• Scarlet_Rose
          Participant
          4293 posts Send Private Message

Glad to see you back! Wow this is sad, but I am glad you are keeping him. I am sorry to hear you were given such a choice though and you are generous and to be commended for observing your monthers wishes. I do not think I would have put the rabbit out, I instead I would have put the mother out. (Just some humor)
            The cage does seem large enough and a mate would be ideal since he is not with you like he is used to being. It all sounds quite suitable and you may want to make sure the cage is protected from any predators both on the ground and in the air.

• lilmizzsnickerz
            Participant

well the deal was that if he goes out he must have a freind and today i spend most of my time in the garden with him lol he still comes in the house and follows me about i am not sure if their is that much threat were i live from animals in the sky i think all i have to wrry about at the moment is cats but they cant get in the cage  so he save enough when i am not watchin him my mum  lives over seas alot and i am realy tempted to bring him in the house when shes away =S but i dont want to unsettle him

• Scarlet_Rose
              Participant
              4293 posts Send Private Message

Ah I see, that was a good thing on your part that he has to get a friend. Well it sounds like he is very happy and how cute is it that he follows you around! Does he have a hiding box in his cage where he has shelter and can hide away and feel safe if a cat were to pass by?

• lilmizzsnickerz
                Participant

yea he does hey if ur still online go on the chat il be their for like another 1hr i think

• Deleted User
                  Participant
                  22064 posts Send Private Message

Oh geez that is C R A P!

Likewise, my thoughts are with Rosebud LOL. (Mum outside hehe).

Oh well, if she is overseas a lot, and my temptation would to bring bunny back inside (No I would do it I think).  Buggar Mum. 

I am in a rotten mood today … sorry I am not much help.

Dawn xx

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
                    Participant
                    2517 posts Send Private Message

Does your mom take allergy medicine? It makes a huge difference!!

• BinkyBunny
                      8776 posts Send Private Message

Dawn, I’m sorry you are in a bad mood, but your response made me laugh. "Buggar Mum" LOL!

lilmizzsnickers – Welcome back. I am so sorry for what your family is going through, and that now you have been put in this situation.  Anyway, I second digmexnow’s question. What about allergy meds? I mean your mom is moving in with you right? So isn’t there a way she will compromise? Plus, if she’s gone so much, it’s quite something for her to insist that your pets move out or be given up.

But IF there is no way around it, and your bunny must be outside, then I think you are smart to find him a friend. I do not know the wildlife of Ireland, but do you have predators –  like birds of prey like owls & hawks, and/or other animals like raccoons, coyotes? One thing to note is that rabbits can be actually frightened to death, never actually being touched. So for example, if an animal just attempts to break in it could send a bunny into a deadly shock state. (so having a hidey box that will make your bunny feel safe,will be very important.)    Also, you have to be sure to make the outdoor enclosure with a tight net type of chicken wire, so that no limbs can get through, or….god forbid pulled through.

OH, another note to add. You’ll want to make sure to stick netting down below the ground along the borders so they can’t dig out. 

Also, in addition to this, maybe you could at least bring him in at night?

Keep us updated!  I hope that one way or another it works out for the best.

OH, there have been some really great outdoor enclosures posted with pictures in the forum.  Have you seen them?  If not, I’ll try and do a search.

• Hedi
                        Participant
                        969 posts Send Private Message

I have to agree wtih Binky. If your mom is moving in WITH YOU then she should have to deal with the bun being in the house. Allergy medicine is a cheap alternative for her if she wants to stay with you. Your bun should not have to suffer to make your mom more comfortable.

I think I would fight both my parents and even my inlaws if they demanded my buns be moved outside for their comfort.

Although, if your mom is paying for you to live there then you might be stuck in a corner.

Just make sure your buns are very protected outside. Outside vermon can literally scare rabbits to death by reaching in or banging around on outside hutches. And then there is always the issue of fly strike and fleas…

• lilmizzsnickerz
                          Participant

the house is my mums and i am living here free shes a bit of a perfectionist but she luvs animals we have owls here but are very rarly seen and no racoons =D i think my biggest threat is cats our garden is surrounded by a huge fence my mums is currently on meds for her allergys but it flares up her phyriasis ( dunno how to spell that)

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A conserned