Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Concerned re change in behaviour

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • arwen
      Participant
      16 posts Send Private Message

So our little princess Arwen is generally the sweetest bun. She’s content, healthy and happy to be around us. She nudges, kisses and loves bouncing around without inhibitions ? but something is changing…

As of next month she will be having a general check up with the view to getting her spayed. She has recently started digging against my husbands chest and nipping. It’s not so uncommon I guess, but she also does it when he isn’t wearing a shirt and has drawn blood a few times. It’s my first experience with this kind of behaviour so I’m sure there are many out there with great tips and advice. I just advised my husband that when she does it again to remove her from where she is, usually his chest and place her away from him. Is this good advice? Does anyone know why they become so grumpy (?) sometimes? Because other times she will be so calm and relaxed that she goes to sleep on his chest when we’re watching tv.

Look forward to hearing from your experiences!

• Sirius&Luna
        Participant
        2319 posts Send Private Message

Is he picking her up and holding her? Or does she come over and do it spontaneously? It sounds like he’s holding her and she wants to be put down to me.

• arwen
          Participant
          16 posts Send Private Message

Thanks for the quick response! It happens whether he picks her up or not. When she moves between us she’s bouncing and shaking and nudges our hands. She’s happy, it’s just strange because she’s bonded with him….

• Wick & Fable
            5782 posts Send Private Message

Hormones can change a lot, like what seems like “bonded” behaviors. Wick liked his other parent more than me prior to his neuter, but now he definitely loves me more, haha. That could be a time and exposure piece as well though, not solely hormones.

A part of me wonders if your rabbit understands that the chest is attached to your husband, as opposed to something that just smells like him. The human body is incredibly large, so I imagine with a rabbit’s vision, it’s hard to conceptualize that all our limbs and such are a part of the same being. This is purely my opinion, but I know Wick prefers cuddling with my face over my hands, and some times wants nothing to do with my hands by will just chill next to my face, as if he doesn’t understand I’m all the same person, regardless of what body part it is. Rabbits dig to create a nook for relaxing at times, so she may not realize she’s digging at your husband constantly.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Concerned re change in behaviour