Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Complicated Rabbit Enclosure

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • PogoPoppin
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

Okay, so my situation has been a little complicated. Long story short, I got two rabbits and ended up with a litter. I now have eight spayed and neutered bunnies in a large enclosure. Unfortunately, I don’t have enough space in my house to keep all of them, but I do have a fully insulated carriage barn outside. I have my bunnies in the barn in a large pen. I’m using horse mats for flooring; they have large hay boxes and long flat bins filled with aspen for litterboxes. But the unfortunate thing is that the upkeep of this setup takes the majority of the time I can spend with my bunnies and complete all my schoolwork. The bunnies kick all the litter out, and the horse mats got dirty very fast, and I can’t sit with them because of that. The inside of the barn is also paneled with very red wooden panels, which hurts my eyes, and the lighting isn’t great; it feels almost like being in a cave. I want to spend as much time with my rabbits as possible. I’ve considered rehoming some so I could dedicate an area in my room for the ones I keep, but I’ve become very attached to all of them, and the people in my area don’t treat rabbits very well. Does anyone have any flooring recommendations that are easy to clean, some litter and box recommendations to help with the digging, along any ways to brighten up the area? I was also wondering if there are any places to get rabbit toys in bulk as they are pretty pricey to get in small quantities, and my rabbits pretty much decimate all the toys I get them in a day. I would appreciate any advice I receive.

• Wick & Fable
        5781 posts Send Private Message

A picture of your set-up would make brainstorming very helpful! You can use the “Add Media” button to upload, then insert the image into your post. Make sure it is a ‘regular’ image file, like a .jpg. Sometimes Ctrl+C >> Ctrl+V actually works too into the Reply To: text box itself, but not always.

Kicking out litter is a common thing and to an extent, it will always happen; however, things like a litter screen, the size and dimensions of the box, and what litter you use can help mitigate what mess is made.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• BZOO
          Participant
          329 posts Send Private Message

Google diy rabbit toys, you can make toys with a lot of “trash”.

Good luck with your brood.  Seems like it is all still fairly new, you’ll find a groove and it won’t take as long.

• Cinnamon Bun
            Participant
            205 posts Send Private Message

Hooded litterboxes also help with kicking out litter! If you post some pictures I can help you more.

(´。• ᵕ •。`) ♡

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Complicated Rabbit Enclosure