Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Cloudy Eye?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • MooseMouse
      Participant
      49 posts Send Private Message

Hello Everyone! I have an eye question for anyone who has experienced this so story time first.

In April I found a bunny outside caught her and brought her into my home within hours she gave gave birth in my closet! Turned out she was pregnant. I fostered the mom and all the babies for 5 months until they were old enough to be neutered where they were dropped off at the local rescue to be taken care of and found forever homes. Last week one of the babes never found a forever home and we lover her so we adopted her she would be 7 months old now.

Her mother bun didn’t show any signs of illness. We thing we also caught and rescued the father bun and he also did know show any signs of illness.

The baby bun Nimbus I have noticed for the past week always looks like she is half asleep she will lay with her eyes shut or a lot of the time have her eyes half shut almost like she looks sleepy all the time.

She is energetic eats no problem and if anything a little on the fat side.

The reason I am posting is that I noticed her eyes have cloudiness and I was wondering what all your opinion would be on what it is. I will attach a picture. I am currently waiting to hear back from the rescue if they were aware of her eyes and it was decided not concerning and if not I will be booking a vet appointment which unfortunately could take awhile since they are often weeks back up.

Thanks for listening to my story and thank you for any feedback you may have! I hope we can get little Nimbus sorted out.

• LBJ10
        16869 posts Send Private Message

Hmm… they look like corneal abrasions. But it would be weird for it to be on both eyes. Usually it would just be an injury to one eye. How are her eye lashes? Curled in eyelids can cause problems with both eyes simultaneously.

Another thought… I found this article on MediRabbit: http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Eye_diseases/Newborn/Opening_eye_en.html

Did she have any issues with her eyes opening when she was a baby?

• MooseMouse
            Participant

Yes! When she was a baby she and 2 other babies got what I assumed is the Nest Box eye. Their eyes were crusty with what looked like a little pus. We caught it right away and would use a warm wet cloth to clean the eyes. If I remember right it took 3-4 days for it to completely go away. As for her eyelashes, I will Have to check when I get home. The very last picture in the article actually seems very similar to what she has on both eyes

• LBJ10

Perhaps it’s scar tissue from that infection then. It seems to fit and, yes, the pictures do look similar.

• MooseMouse
                Participant

Hey good call! I just got back from the vet with a little bit of conjunctivitis and scar tissue from the nest eye! Nothing scary she is going to live a long happy life yay.

• LBJ10

That’s good to hear! I’m glad it isn’t anything that will affect her quality of life.

• DanaNM
                  8901 posts Send Private Message

Great news!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 4 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Cloudy Eye?