Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Cleaning rabbits legs

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Lisa_43
      Participant
      1499 posts Send Private Message
        Any idea’s how to clean rabbits back legs?

My Ebony lays in her litter box and the back of her legs are dirty.

I have wiped them with those baby wipes (scent free) it works but doesn’t get it completely off.

• Gravehearted
        Participant
        2428 posts Send Private Message

I would try spot cleaning with just a washcloth and warm water to see if it helps.

Baths are highly stressful for bunnies, so avoid them unless your vet recommends it.

• Scarlet_Rose
          Participant
          4293 posts Send Private Message

I don’t know if you do this already but you might want to try putting some hay on top of the litter in her litterbox to keep her feet from soaking up the urine.

• Lisa_43
            Participant
            1499 posts Send Private Message
              Thanks

I just raced out and did that, I didn’t realise you put hay in their litter box.

• Scarlet_Rose
              Participant
              4293 posts Send Private Message

Awe no problem, that was sweet of you to run out there and do that!  The hay not olnly helps keep their bums and legs dry, it also encourages them to use it as well because they like to eat and do their business at the same time.

• Gravehearted
                Participant
                2428 posts Send Private Message

we put hay in the litterboxes here too 🙂

• wabbitlove
                  Participant
                  54 posts Send Private Message

I had this problem, too. I found a website that said baby constarch is ok to use on bunnies (just make sure it’s talc free!). You just shake a little bit on the solied part, and brush it all out. It soaks up some of the moisture, and leaves them smelling oh-so-sweet!

Here’s the link: http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/buttbath.html

• BinkyBunny
                    8776 posts Send Private Message

Thanks wabbitlove. That’s a great site. I refer to that site all the time.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Cleaning rabbits legs