Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Clarissa’s kidney problems

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • cocobear
      Participant
      39 posts Send Private Message

Hello, I posted this is behavior by accident last time. Ongoing topic of trying to help Clarissa’s battle with Kidney failure. I was talking about trying kidney rejuv. formula on Clarissa and wasn’t sure it was right. Well, I got milk thistle and danelion tincture for her instead. I contacted the maker about correct dosage and they would not give me any info. saying the tinctures are only for people. I’ve been giving her just 10 drops of each now 1x a day since she is only about 5# now. I mix it in black cherry concentrate- which is high in anti-oxidents and helps with pain managment and a little aloe. She loves it.  Does anyone know if once a day is enough ? How many drops? Any other additives that could be beneficial? I read that distilled water should be given in place of tap, which I will try. She is feeling great and eating well. I want to bring her in for bloodwork, but I don’t want to stress her out since she has been feeling so good.

174521014971.jpg

• Beka27
        Participant
        16016 posts Send Private Message

i’m not sure what exactly that is and i do not know how much she should have. is this something your vet recommended? they should be the one giving you dosage instructions.

i do want to say that i am keeping your pretty Clarissa in my thoughts.

• JK
          Participant
          2223 posts Send Private Message

I did not think distilled water was drinking water.  It may be but I always thought it was for other uses not drinking. Do you mean filtered water?

• cocobear
            Participant

“suggests that distilled water is beneficial since it contains no impurities or minerals and helps flush away excess minerals and toxins from the body.”

I read about giving distilled water on a pet care site about kidney health.

Someone here reccomended dandelion and milk thistle in another post. I talked to an herbalist who said these were what she should take, but wasn’t aware of the dosage in rabbits.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
              Participant
              12067 posts Send Private Message

Distilled water is very pure drinking water

Sorry I defo don’t know dosages…Would your vet be able to help there?

• cocobear
                Participant

I will call the vet on Monday. The vets I use always suggest checking in the house rabbit communties for alternative herbal therapies. I think they can’t officially reccomend something alternative, just as the tincture company would not help me with dosage, even though the use of herbal tinctures for pets is safe and beneficial.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Clarissa’s kidney problems