Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Cheaper bunny litter?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • BunnyLass568
      Participant
      434 posts Send Private Message

We’ve been getting Yesterday’s News on chewy but I was wondering if there’s a cheaper option for us to compare it to. Would Tractor Supply Natural Pine Pelletized Bedding – 40lb be ok?

(Edited by Wick – link removed)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Current: Blossom and Thumper (5 year old buns)💖💖💖💖 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Pets-Passed away: Hailey (9 years old, half rat terrier and miniature pincher, 2-5-2019),Monster (13 years old, mixed breed, Lhasa Apso and some form of terrier, 9-14-2020), and Demon (14 year old Lhasa Apso, 8-3-2022) 💔💔💔💔

• Wick & Fable
        5771 posts Send Private Message

Yes, pine pellets from TSC are the cheapest litter you can get. I use them!

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Bam
          16838 posts Send Private Message

I use pine pellets too! I have used them for years. Cheap, absorbs odors and can be composted.

• DanaNM
            8901 posts Send Private Message

Yes! Pine pellets are the best!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• LBJ10
              16870 posts Send Private Message

Yesterday’s News is fine to use. It can be a little pricey. So yes, if you can get cheap pine pellet litter, then go for it. The litter is kiln-dried, so it’s safe to use.

• Oliver The Bunny!
                Participant
                46 posts Send Private Message

Try feline pine! 🙂

• Deezle
                  Participant
                  13 posts Send Private Message

I can’t find a better place to post this : (  My Agway dealer just told me that hardwood stove pellets are bad to use for rabbit litter, on account of some Black Walnut or Swamp Oak wood, which is toxic might be used to make them. I have read on many rabbit sites that wood pellets are good to use;  doesn’t seem likely, given the risk of poisoning.

• DanaNM
                    8901 posts Send Private Message

I use horse stall pellets which are made from pine and sold for animal bedding use, so that would be a safe option if you’re concerned.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Wick & Fable
                      5771 posts Send Private Message

Kiln dried pine pellets are safe, which is what people refer to in the rabbit community.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Ellie from The Netherlands
                        Participant
                        2512 posts Send Private Message

Yes, we use wooden kitty litter pellets too, topped with a layer of hay so they won’t stand in any wetness.

These pellets are dirt cheap and you don’t need much of it: I only put it in the corners where they pee. Even though I change the boxes daily a 5 kg bag lasts me almost 2 months, costing about €4.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Cheaper bunny litter?