Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Changing it up

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • pinkiemarie
      Participant
      414 posts Send Private Message

We were stalled out and my little guy was still being pretty territorial about the box so I made some changes to the area and my expectations of them.  I removed his box and gave him a different one which he claimed but he’s less territorial over it. He now allows his brother to sit in it with him (they were a bonded pair prior to adding Clover). I’m trying to encourage him to interact with the other male as much as possible and also forcing interactions with the female. He doesn’t love that I keep moving him over to them and making him sit there but it really seems to be helping and he’s spending a little more time outside the box voluntarily. He is still overreacting when Clover so much as looks at him though. Sigh, you can’t win every battle overnight! Anyways I mostly wanted to share an update because I’m absolutely dying over how cute and funny this picture is!

Help me I’m trapped! 😀

• SweetPotato
        Participant
        100 posts Send Private Message

Hahahahahahahaha 😂😂😂😂 “Help me I’m trapped!” fits absolutely 100% perfectly. They are such a cute fam <3

• DanaNM
          8930 posts Send Private Message

OMG that picture is hilarious!

I haven’t had great luck with small spaces personally, but I have heard of people basically confining the buns to the litter box only during bonding… I wonder if that might work with your three since the box seems to be a sticking point?

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Susanne
            Participant
            417 posts Send Private Message

I love the picture! Glad they can at least exist in a bunny pile peacefully 🤣

• pinkiemarie
              Participant

I definitely wouldn’t want to confine them to a space that small for a long time but it is absolutely the best way to go for this pair. I made them go in the kitchen with me and cook Sunday in a tiny little square of pen and they were perfectly nice the entire time. I also made the living area smaller and I think that’s part of the progress. I must have given them too much space too soon!

• pinkiemarie
                Participant

This has been THE BEST DAY EVER! I’ve been doing a thing where I make the little one go over and sit by the big rabbits and pet their heads for a few minutes then leave them alone. I’ve been literally doing this 15 times a day. Well, he has spent more time with them today than ever before combined I think! Far be it from me to dictate who gets to be the dominant rabbit here, but it’s been clear for a long time that the little one doesn’t get to be even though he wants to. He’s starting to exhibit a little more submissive behavior and the other rabbit is responding well to it 🙂

Sorry for the potato quality. Enjoy the cuddles!

• Susanne
                  Participant
                  417 posts Send Private Message

So cute, I love the one with the little black one between the bigger buns!

• DanaNM
                    8930 posts Send Private Message

OMG would ya just look at them! Good job!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Changing it up