Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Change in telps bad for bunny? I love my a/c!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • dmh426
      Participant
      433 posts Send Private Message

During the day, I leave Sophie with a oscillating fan on, the lights drawn, and on really hot days some frozen fruit in an ice cube.  Once I get home though, I crank the a/c (which is only in the bedroom where we sleep) and was just pondering this thought: It goes from high 70’s to low 60’s sometimes ( I really have to be cold at night to sleep!).  Is the constant change in temperature between oscillating fan and a/c bad for her?!?  She’s acting fine, but just curious is the change in temps every day is doing any harm.

• ubergoober
        Participant
        71 posts Send Private Message

Hmmm not sure…I know its not good for us tho either to go from hot to cold and back too often. I keep it around 70 in my house year round either with AC or heat. My bunn is in the livingroom though so it is possible to keep our bedroom a bit on the colder side without a problem. Is it possible to move her to a common living area where she doesnt need to be in the AC?

• dmh426
          Participant
          433 posts Send Private Message

I could leave her in one of the main rooms and not in the bedroom, but it tends to get stifling hot in there during the day (even with the blinds and drapes drawn) but then she wouldn’t get the benefit of the a/c since it’s upstairs in the bedroom. I would move her back and forth, but she’s got a big house and that’s kinda out of the question to move her up and down stairs every day!

• MooBunnay
            Participant
            3087 posts Send Private Message

I think the extreme changes in temperature that you really need to worry about most are the changes that are outside of what a bunny can easily handle, such as over 80 to below 50…for example, people that do not think about giving their bunny shade outdoors, and leave them in the hot sun. Or for people that put their bunny’s directly in the path of the air conditioner. I would assume that the ranges you are talking about are not as harmful for her, especially since it is staying within a good range for bunny temperatures. Obviously, doing the most you can do to keep her cool during the day is the best, as long as you are doing that I think you are doing your best!

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Change in telps bad for bunny? I love my a/c!