Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE CBD/hemp plants edible ?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • Fiefa
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

Hey,

So I’m looking into anything I can do to help my baby girl live longer. We went to the vet today due to her having GI stasis.

The vet was a little bit more concerned at the fact that she was not eating but she didn’t show any other symptoms of GI. She is running around, grooming and just being her regular self minus the food aspect. He mentioned that it might be cancer but as they do not have a CT scanner their only option is surgically to open her. We’re going to call around to a bunch of other vets in the area and see if anyone has a ct scan as surgery should be a last option not the only option. We did x rays and it just showed a bunch of bloating. But the vet is concerned that their might be some form of cancer between the stomach and the colon.

My question is can bunnies eat hemp/CBD in a raw format ? Legally in Canada I can grow it and I grow it for myself for aches and pains and anxiety. I was reading everywhere and it seems super conflicting if a rabbit can eat it ? Some of the reading I’ve done says that after extended use they become anorexic but the studies are limited. I know in humans for some it’s been shown to shrink tumors but that’s humans not bunnies. I just want to keep her healthy and have her living a long and binkyfull life.

If I were to feed it to her, I would either decarboxylase it to activate the CBD and or give it to her in raw format. I’m really hoping it’s not cancer but if it is I want to just help in any way I can minus seeing her die.

• DanaNM
        8946 posts Send Private Message

Gas pain can cause a rabbit to go off of their food and behavior normally. As prey animals, rabbits hide their symptoms.  What treatment is your bun on for stasis and bloating? Is your vet rabbit savvy?  Many things can cause stasis and gas issues, aside from cancer, so I would want to rule out everything else first. Can you also describe her diet in detail, and how old she is?

With what you described it sounds like she should be on pain medication, supportive care (fluids, syringe feeding), and possibly a motility medication.

I would not start experimenting with cbd or hemp at this time, you need to get her an accurate diagnosis and make sure she’s getting care that is proven to work in rabbits. Whenever I find conflicting info on a substance for rabbits I avoid it.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE CBD/hemp plants edible ?