Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE CAT TREES FOR RABBITS?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • Lagomorpheus
      Participant
      442 posts Send Private Message

I have been thinking – would rabbits like to have a cat tree? With a couple modifications, most of it could be accessible to a couple buns and it would have more traction than the cardboard cottages.

My only concern would be they would pee in it (we bought them a soft small animal tent once and they promptly designated it as the new litterbox).

Has anyone ever had any success using a cat tree for buns?

• LoveChaCha
        Participant
        6634 posts Send Private Message

I have 2 fuzzy cat condo things that my bunny jumps on to get to higher places. She really likes it.

• Elrohwen
          Participant
          7318 posts Send Private Message

I have always thought that Hannah would love something like that. My main fear with her is she tends to jump from the tops of things, rather than jumping down level by level, so I wouldn’t want to get her something too tall. I’d also be worried about destroying the carpet. One good thing about the maze is that they *can* destroy it – it’s safe for them to have all the time. A cat tree would have to be a toy used with supervision for my two.

• Sonn
            Participant
            1810 posts Send Private Message

I have a cat tree for my boys they both love to get to the highest point and sleep or glare at you. But where I have mine there is a wall on one side and a couch on the other so the farthest they can fall is like 7 inches. But neither of my boys chew carpet or fabric or pee anywhere but their litter boxes. They like to sleep on it or zoom in and out of the bottom tunnel area.

• angie-la
              Participant
              380 posts Send Private Message

what a coincidence, I was JUST thinking about getting the bunnies one for christmas! haha.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                Participant
                12067 posts Send Private Message

Yeah but not an awesome huge one like that. That was (the carpeted cat tree) ONLY ‘toy’ they loved asap-it was just big news at my house. They love to climb and explore and I’ve had no end of luck with cat toys that are jungle gyms, whether the carpeted cat trees or the synthetic fabric ones (the box/sling/tunnel) ones. They love ’em The only other toy received so well are the maze haven and tunnel toys from here exploring toys=well received at my house

• lwayne
                  Participant
                  428 posts Send Private Message

Funny too, I was just thinking about this as well. I was at a friends house and admiring her cat tree. I think Arduina would love one as she loves to be up high (like sitting on the back of the couch) and Leo may try to go up too as its carpeted.

Those of you with a cat tree for your bunny, can you please post pictures?!

• Cathy Battaglia
                    Participant
                    5 posts Send Private Message

I haven’t personally used a cat tree for rabbits, but I’ve heard of some bunny owners who have had success with it. Rabbits love to climb and explore, so providing them with a cat tree modified to suit their needs could be a great idea.

• Bam
                      16879 posts Send Private Message

Some buns do appreciate a cat tree, but deoending on which type you choose it might need some modifications in order to be bunny safe. Some buns are not interested in cat trees at all.

This is a very old thread, so I’m going to close it. Please feel free to start a new thread about cat trees, or on other bun topics!

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • The topic ‘CAT TREES FOR RABBITS?’ is closed to new replies.

Forum THE LOUNGE CAT TREES FOR RABBITS?