Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE Carrera -0 Pookie-2

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Hedi
      Participant
      969 posts Send Private Message

So… I was never able to bond my girls. They are fierce when out together. A while back Pookie was out and Carrera figured out how to bust down her door. They were going at it upstairs and when we got up there Carrera’s fur was everywhere and Pookie seemed fine. She did have a small scratch but faired much better than Carrera. I put better clips on their cages.

Fast foward to tonight. I guess Carrera was giving Pookie "the stink eye" and Pookie had enough! So she squeezed her body thru a 1inch opening in her cage door and they went at it. Again, Carrera’s fur was everwhere and she has a broken nail but this time Pookie had no scratches.

So, now both cages are securely fastened. Poor Cooper, he watched the whole thing. Im sure he would have loved to join in! lol

Those girls are gonna make me old before my time!

• BunMumTiff
        Participant
        241 posts Send Private Message

hehe cooper aws probley in his glory seeing the girls go at as any man would be I think

Sad they dont liek each other but thats life in the bun world. Cooper will just be a lucky man

• Hedi
          Participant

Cooper is obsessed with both of them so you are probably right! I have just started to let him out alone in their room so he goes back and forth between the girls’ cages checking them out thru the bars. He takes turns sitting by their cages. He wont even come downstairs to see us unless I make him.

I attempted to start bonding last monday. I put them in the kitchen which is neutral ground. What did Cooper do? Was humping Pookies head and wouldnt stop! So we will delay bonding for a week or so hopefully by 4 wks he will have calmed down more. lol Poor Pookie, I would be traumatized thats for sure! lol

• cookie627
            Participant
            387 posts Send Private Message

oh wow!!!!!!! i though your teo girls got along well. guess not!!!

• Hedi
              Participant

I couldnt bond them. Carrera is just too dominating. She demands Pookie groom her when she is out playing. Actually that is the first thing Pookie does is go groom "the queen" and then goes to sit by Coopers cage to say hi to him.

I am thinking of putting Coopers cage right in the middle of theirs for now that way Carrera cant give Pookie so many "stinky eyes" as binkybunny calls it. lol

• BinkyBunny
                8776 posts Send Private Message

I feel your pain. I really really feel your pain. It’s miserable. When my girls first met, they tried to kill each other, and I eventually did get them to basically tolerate each other and even like each other when there wasn’t a male in the picture, but then it just started going down hill. And most people don’t have 8 months to bond their bunnies, and neither did I, but I did and it still didn’t solve the problem long term.

Sometimes even bunnies who hate each other can work it out, but weighing how much time and energy it will take, and what health issues it can cause (because of the stress on humans and bunnies alike) the question becomes is it worth it to pursue it with stubborn bitter relationships.

• Hedi
                  Participant

I just went upstairs and there was Pookie, grooming Carrera thru the cage-for quite a while.

They fought so bad last nite that there was hair ALL over their bedroom in huge globs that all belonged to Carrera. Its amazing how Pookie always comes out looking much better in these fights.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE Carrera -0 Pookie-2