Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Carefresh for neuter?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • LittlePuffyTail
      18092 posts Send Private Message

I’m picking Bindi up in about a 1/2 hour. I figure he will be sore and my usual bedding is Yesterday’s News. Would anyone recommend getting some carefresh to put in his box? Normally I would be worried about him eating it cuz he’s a chewer but I figure he will be too tired to eat it. What do you think? Is it common for buns to eat this stuff?

• MarkBun
        Participant
        2842 posts Send Private Message

If you are talking about the soft, fluffy bedding, no you don’t have to worry about them eating it. I haven’t met a bun yet who eats it. The only thing is that yer bun is used to Yesterday’s News – changing it might not be the most relaxing for him. If I were you, I’d just put in a fluffy hand towel or shirt for him.

• Beka27
          Participant
          16016 posts Send Private Message

after Meadow’s spay, i put a soft blanket in her cage and i took out her wood house (she sleeps on top of it and i didn’t want her jumping around.)  i kept her same pressed paper pellets in her litterbox, but the first few times she peed on the floor of her cage so i just cleaned it up.  she didn’t seem majorly put off by her old litter at all.

• Gravehearted
            Participant
            2428 posts Send Private Message

actually my bunnies nibble carefresh, but I don’t think it’s anything much to worry about.
              yes – soft bedding would be a good idea while he recovers. you could also add a soft faux sheepskin or blankie to his house

let us know how Bindi is doing…

sending lots of healing his way

• LittlePuffyTail

I just picked up my baby. He was pretty rowdy when I put him in his cage, hopping around. He ate some lettuce and a few pieces of hay. Now though he is sort of restless trying to get comfy by changing positions and not hungry. I assume it’s cuz he’s sore. The vet told me to put a cold pack on for 10 min every 12 hours for the swelling. I put some carefresh in his box and he seems to like it.

I don’t know what I’m gonna do not being able to snuggle him while he heals I guess Stormy will have to fill in as the snuggler, this might not go over very well…

• charlie82
                Participant
                295 posts Send Private Message

I hope he is feeling better soon.
                  You will be surprised at how quickly they actually get back to normal! I had one neutered last week and you wouldn’t have known it. You can still snuggle him, in fact if that is what he is used to then all the better, it will help him feel better. When one of my bunnies was really ill and had to have an abscess removed, leaving a huge open wound on her jaw that was horrific to look at, all she wanted me to do was hold her. I think having her close to me made her feel a lot more secure.

• Floppy
                  Participant
                  490 posts Send Private Message

I just used clean towels

• LittlePuffyTail

I’m a bit concerned. When we got home Bindi was pooping normally but now his poops are all dark and some very tiny. He ate all of his veggies and pellets. Is it normal for the poops to be a little weird after surgery?

• osprey
                      Participant
                      2065 posts Send Private Message

In my experience (with spays anyway), it is expected that there are some strangely shaped poops the day after the surgery.  While the bun is under the anestesia, and after the surgery, they don’t eat, so their system slows down.  This is why getting them to eat right away is so important.  During this slowdown period, weird poops will be generated.  The important things to look for are if he is eating his normal portion, and he is pooping, even if they are weird looking.  After a day or so these post-op poops should come out, and the poops return to normal.

• Ash
                        Participant
                        165 posts Send Private Message

You posted this in great timing! I am getting Mr.B neutered tommorow and was wondering about the bedding. We use Carefresh but a few weeks ago started only using it in the litterbox and putting a towel or a baby receiving blanket down on the floor of his cage. So I guess I’ll keep using the blankets when he returns. One thing I’m worrying about is the litter pan, its the triangle corner one and I don’t want it to hurt him jumping in and out but I’m sure he’ll be fine. I’m just going to feel bad keeping him in his cage all day 🙁

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Carefresh for neuter?