Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Cage Questions

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • BunMumTiff
      Participant
      241 posts Send Private Message

UPDATE- I just got back from Pets Mart and the pen I was going to buy just didn’t do anything for me. So I headed off to the puppy section and bought a pen that has a door. This way I can use it for my puppy when needed then the rest of the time it is Oreo’s. I cant wait to try ti out after my son goes to bed YAY I even bought her a new grass ball and some fresh hay she is going to love it I will have to get pics later

OK so Oreo has a fair size cage, he hasn’t been out as much as before as to be honest I have just been to busy for the poor guy. I am not syaing he doesnt get out but when he does it has only been for about an hour at a time. I cant wait to get back to work and my son is in daycare again as then I will have more time summers are hectic.

Anyways as I know a rabbit should be out and runnin for at least 4 hours a day I spoke with my dad and told him I need to make some sort of a pen for Oreo so he can be out all day until bed time if he needs or wants to be which I am sure he wouldnt mind.

I will be building with wood and some sort of wireing around the outside and top but not on the bottom as I want to be able to move it in and outside so when we are out there he cna come out and I wont be so nervous. Right now the dog goes inside and Oreo comes out they take turns in the backyard ( AM ALWAYS out there wiht Oreo when he is there.

So anyone have any neat pics of cages that were very simple to build without using NIC cubes??

Any tips would be wonderful

• JK
        Participant
        2223 posts Send Private Message

If the bun is inside I highly recommend an xpen to attach to the cage to make a nice large area. Buns definitely need more time out than an hour.  Xpens work great.

• BunMumTiff
          Participant
          241 posts Send Private Message

OH I know they need more time out of the cage, just I can only take him out 2 times a day if not three and it is an hour at a time I would prefer him get more time then 3 or 4 hours day.

I was looking at an x pen and will be going out tonight to see them and what not..THanks only thing is my cage is off theground and he wouldnt be able to get in and out himself maybe it is time for a enw cage lol

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Cage Questions