Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Bunny’s not pooping…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • BooBooBunny
      Participant
      30 posts Send Private Message

So the night before last ( tuesday night) I came home late and when I went to feed one of my bunnies (Boo Boo) and could tell immediately by his posture and body language that he wasn’t feeling well, and as I expected he didn’t eat or want to come out of his cage that evening.  Since he had a simliar episode this time last year and everthing ended up fine, I just left him alone.  By yesterday afternoon he was eating some timothy hay and a little bit of parsely and mint, and willingly came out to run around, and this morning hes moving alot more and his eyes look more alert, and hes taking treats and still eating the herbs and hay although not much lettuce or pellets.  But, he still hasn’t pooped since at least yesterday morning (I can’t say before that because the litterbox hadn’t been cleaned yet).

He is drinking water and has peed a few times, but still no poop.  I listened with a stethescope (which I bought after he scared me last year) yesterday and today and can hear gurgling, maybe a little more than usual (and I could hear it sitting next to the cage with my ‘naked ear’ this morning), so I figured that means no blockage, and his stomach isn’t hard so does that rule out gas too?  He did get hold of a plastic and vinyl headband of mine monday or tuesday and took a few chunks out of it before I noticed, so I don’t know if he ate any of it.  And also hes in the midst of his major shedding right now, so I guess it could be hair… my other three bunnies all eat the same thing as he does and they are fine, but they also didn’t chew any headbands and arn’t shedding like he is for whatever reason.

I just don’t know if I should panic since I haven’t seen poop in a whole day, or give it more time since the other things seem to be improving.  Like I said he did this last year and I was worried sick and took him to the vet and had x rays done and they found nothing wrong, so I hate to put him through more stress of dragging him to the vet if it can be avoided, but I don’t want to wait much longer if this is serious either.

Also, I don’t know if its just my imagination, but it seems like his sides right under his ribcage are drawn in a little bit when he stands, and I definately wouldn’t consider him skinny or gaunt…

Hopefully someone has had similar experiences and can give me advice/opinions!

• evansvillegirl26
        Participant
        254 posts Send Private Message

If it has been 24 hours I would call the vet ASAP!! Better safe then sorry. I’m sure someone with more knowledge will come along and know more!! Keep us posted!!

• Sarita
          Participant
          18851 posts Send Private Message

I say when in doubt see a vet.

In the meantime, try some tummy massages and simethicone. It could be more stressful for you and bunny if you don’t take him to the vet.

• Scarlet_Rose
            Participant
            4293 posts Send Private Message

It sounds like your bunny is in distress and needs to see a vet. Anytime a rabbit is hunched up, it is not a good thing and you may have the workings of a blackage/GI stasis on your hands.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
              Participant
              12067 posts Send Private Message

Booboo…any update?

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Bunny’s not pooping…