Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Bunny won’t stop peeing in the corner next to my bed???

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • GracieGirl2018
      Participant
      4 posts Send Private Message

So I have a five-ish month old female Holland lop. She’s not spayed yet but I’m looking into places to get that done within the next few months. I’ve been trying for about a month now to litter train her, but with no luck. I’ve definitely seen some improvement, I think she might get the idea that I want her to go in the box but it just seems like she just doesn’t want to.
        This really only became an issue when she decided that the corner of the floor right next to my bed (which is carpeted) is where she’s going to pee(and leave piles of poop) every. single. time. I’ve tried to clean up the pee with toilet paper and put it in her litter box so that she can smell it in there. I’ve also consistently cleaned the spot on the rug and wherever else she pees with white vinegar to get rid of the smell. I don’t always catch her when she does it right away but when I do, I try to make a loud kind of noise (almost like a shriek?) and pick her up and put her in the litter box along with her poop and pee and a lot of the time she watches me do it out of curiosity. I’m not sure what to do anymore, it doesn’t seem like anything is working. Should I just give up and wait until she is spayed?
        Also, the litter box is sitting inside of her cage which I leave open while she is out and about and she often goes in and out of it as she pleases – could it just be an inconvenience thing? Like, she doesn’t want to walk all the way over to her cage to the litter box to go? I’m getting a second litter box delivered to my house tomorrow – it’s a little bigger and I’m going to try to put it right in the corner that she insists on going in. I don’t know what else to do!
        Any suggestions??

• Asriel and Bombur
        Participant
        1104 posts Send Private Message

A lot of it is her being unspayed, but if she’s just peeing in a specific corner, put a litter box there. It’ll make both your lives easier. Most buns choose a specific corner to go in, sometimes a few. So just put a litter box there and throw some hay in there to encourage her to go there. All you can do is set a good foundation, but it won’t get better until she’s spayed.

• GracieGirl2018
          Participant
          4 posts Send Private Message

Thank you! To update, I got her new litter box and placed it in the corner (unfortunately it’s the corner of my bed literally RIGHT next to where my head is at night, but what are ya gonna do lol). Put some litter on one side and hay on the other, and she was in it and pooping in it in 2 minutes. She must just really like that corner??‍♀️ Thanks again for the advice!!

• LittlePuffyTail
            18092 posts Send Private Message

Great that worked out for you!

• Asriel and Bombur
              Participant
              1104 posts Send Private Message

yay!!! Glad to hear it! And I’m with you! I have a bun that roams around at night, and the litter box is right at my head xD

• Terradia
                Participant
                5 posts Send Private Message

I’m glad that worked! I had to put my buns litter box all over the house the first few days, I had like 3 of them in the places she would go, I eventually figured out which one she was using most and when she was doing it on a routine I eventually moved it to where I wanted it and she just goes there now. I would suggest keeping one in her cage and see if she starts using that as well. I would also suggest not making a loud shriek noise when you catch her not doing it. One firm No! Is better because loud sudden noises can scare the bunny and she may become less likely to bond with you. Use this for all undesired behaviors so she gets used to this.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Bunny won’t stop peeing in the corner next to my bed???