Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny won’t eat pellets

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    Sirius&Luna
    Participant

That is honestly the most unbelievably terrible excuse. I’m worried about what they’ve done to the poor bunnies’ teeth. Is it the front teeth they’ve trimmed?

I would look up and see if there’s anywhere you can report this vet too. The way they have behaved is completely unacceptable. You can’t just file a rabbits teeth so it won’t chew its stitches…. Most vets use glue to prevent chewing, or failing that, a little vest or cone.

Harley&Thumper
    Participant

It won’t really help you but I would try and write a Google review for the vet stating the problems you had with the vet. That way people in the future will know not to take their rabbits to that vet.

Cocoa
    Participant

My mom doesn’t understand they shouldn’t have done these things. I am doing everything I can to get them to eat. I cut the treats up into strips and tiny pieces. Lily will only eat the mash from the syringe and lettuce. When you said the most unbelievably terrible excuse, did you mean me or the vet? Cocoa doesn’t seem to be bothered by the teeth trim. She is yanking the towel around and acting normal but she wont eat hard foods still.

Cocoa
    Participant

Like on yelp?

Deleted User
    Participant

The vet for sure. Eating is very different from just grabbing something in their teeth. She could still be in pain while eating, especially if the teeth were trimmed too low. Were they the front teeth or the back teeth that were trimmed? I’m assuming the front teeth.

Just out of curiosity, why doesn’t your mother look up proper bunny care? I understand you are doing everything you can, but as you are still a minor, it is her responsibility to be caring for them in the proper fashion.

Cocoa
    Participant

I don’t know what teeth they trimmed. I will look later. I am feeding her so I want to give her a break first

Harley&Thumper
    Participant

The vet is in the wrong not you. I think you have done the best you can given the situation. Usually if you enter a place in google you can see reviews of the place. I am trying to get in touch with a friend of mine who is a vet. He might know who to report the vet to.

Harley&Thumper
    Participant
    Sirius&Luna
    Participant

Sorry Cocoa, I meant the vet not you. You are clearly doing everything you can I’m glad they’re starting to eat. I’m just horrified that a vet can treat people and pets like that, after you trust them with your pet.

Cocoa
    Participant

My mom just trusts the breeder and vet. Let me know if you figure out who to report it to. In the meantime I will put a review on yelp.

Harley&Thumper
    Participant

The group is dependent on where you are. Would it be against the forum rules to post the location of the vet?

Cocoa
    Participant

I will talk to my mom about filing a complaint. I don’t know if it’s against forum rules

Cocoa
    Participant

Lily’s poos are really clumped together and Cocoa’s are very mushy. Is this normal?

Wick

It may be helpful to show your mother HRS’ helpful guidelines for finding a good rabbit vet. Some helpful quotes include (http://rabbit.org/faq-how-to-find-a-good-rabbit-vet/):

” …your rabbit’s well being depends upon finding the most experienced veterinary care available. We hope that within another few years, veterinarian schools will begin to understand rabbits well enough so that veterinarians can be properly trained before they run across a rabbit in their practice. The other problem is that veterinarians not trained in rabbit medicine should be responsible enough to refer you to another veterinarian. Instead many just see the green of your money and say to themselves, ‘sure I’m a vet, I can see your pet, after all it’s only a rabbit.’”

“Don’t assume that just because a veterinarian works with breeders or local 4-H clubs, that they are experienced with house rabbits or the medical needs of older rabbits. Unfortunately, such veterinarians often tend to approach rabbits as stock animals rather than as beloved companions. They may never have done a spay or neuter and “treatment” of any difficulty may amount to euthanasia (when dealing with stock or show animals, the financial bottom line may be the primary consideration).”

Cocoa
    Participant

They treated them more like stock animals than a pet. My mom thinks they are fine. Cocoa doesn’t want to eat. Should I try to force feed her with the syringe

Cocoa
    Participant

Does this look normal? This is Lily.

Harley&Thumper
    Participant

Can you find another way to post the photo? I can’t view it.

Wick

Because the picture is through your Gmail, we cannot see the image Cocoa. Can you save it on paint and upload it?

Cocoa
    Participant

Sorry I don’t know how to do that.

Cocoa
    Participant

IMG_5896.JPG

Cocoa
    Participant

I can’t get it to work

Harley&Thumper
    Participant

Hit Reply instead of the entering your response in the quick reply section

Then click the down (&darr arrow on attachments

Then press choose file and find the picture you want to upload

Then press upload

Then press insert image to add the image

Harley&Thumper
    Participant

I guess Alt-Codes don’t work on this forum

Wick

STEP ONE: Take a screen-shot with the image you want on your screen. On your keyboard, there should be a key that says “Print Screen” or “PrntScrn”. Press that and it will take a copy of what’s on screen. Nothing may blip to say you did it, but you’ll know if it worked if Step Two goes smoothly.

STEP TWO: Press “Ctrl + V” or “Paste” to plop the screen shot into paint. Then, use the Select and Crop tool to get just the image.

STEP THREE: After cropping the image, use the “Resize” option (next to select, under Crop) to make the image smaller. I usually just replace the 100’s with 50’s (as shown above).

If when you go to upload on BB it says it’s too big “maximum file size allowed is 500kb”, open the image in paint again and reduce the size again.

Cocoa
    Participant

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.