Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny with a bump near eye

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Angela
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

I have a Netherland Dwarf rabbit that is about two and a half years old. About two weeks ago, a small, white, tear-drop shaped bump appeared on the corner of his eye. It has gotten slightly bigger since then and is a more pink-ish color now. His energy level hasn’t changed and he is just as affectionate as before. It doesn’t seem to bother him at all, he still lets me pet his face and doesn’t seem to shy away from me when I am near the spot. I was planning to take him to the vet to have it checked out now that is has gotten slightly larger, but since it isn’t bothering him at all I wasn’t sure how pressing it is. I included a closeup picture of the bump and a picture of him to see the bump from a distance. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas of what it could be or if I should take him to the vet. 

• Luna
        Participant
        2219 posts Send Private Message

I don’t see a picture, but I agree that you should have his vet check it out since it has grown in size.

• Mayci McCollum
            Participant
            2 posts Send Private Message

Hi, did you ever figure out what was wrong with your buns eye?

• Bam
              16877 posts Send Private Message

Hi Mayci and welcome to the BB forums!

This thread is old, so the original poster is likely not currently active on the forums. If you have questions about rabbits’ eyes or bumps near eyes or anything else regarding rabbits, don’t hesitate to create a thread of your own on the topic!

I’m locking this thread now 🙂

• vanessa
              Participant
              2212 posts Send Private Message

Don’t see the picture…

• jerseygirl
                22345 posts Send Private Message

Hi Angela
                  I’ve added the photos in for you. After attaching a file, click on Insert Image for it show.

Any growths around the eye make me concerned about myxomatosis but he seems to be acting normally otherwise. Are you in a country where you vaccinate for this?
                  Vaccinated bun can get a mild form of it…

My other thought was possibly rabbit syphilis (Treponematosis) which a rabbit may have all its life and lay dormant for the most part. Then present at some point or not at all. Sometimes it contracted at birth from the mother.

It typically forms lesions on face an genitals but there have been atypical cases where just some changes happen on face only.
                  It’s easily treated with series of penicillin injections.

Could he various other things too… You’d really need a vet to check it out.

Do you have some financial or time constraints at the moment or are you just wanting to avoid him getting stressed? (Can understand that!)

ETA: Posted from my phone before. Just seeing pic on laptop now, it looks a little different. I had thought there was a bit of a crust forming. 

• LBJ10
                  16908 posts Send Private Message

Could also be a meibomian cyst. It doesn’t look typical, but it could be because of the location. I agree with the others. There are a lot of things that this could be. A vet will be able to determine what it is better than we can.

Viewing 4 reply threads
                • The topic ‘Bunny with a bump near eye’ is closed to new replies.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny with a bump near eye