Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Bunny Wakes Me Up for Treats

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    • PossumsMa
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

Does anyone else have this cute but sometimes annoying problem?  Mr. Possum is up at dawn and jumps up on my bed, hops around on top of me and does a little “digging” routine on me in order to get me to wake up and feed him a treat.  His pellets and hay bowls are full, so he’s not starving.  If I ignore him, he will up the ante by going over to the bookshelf and pulling down books and chewing on them.  He doesn’t do this at other times of day.

• Binkles
        Participant
        823 posts Send Private Message

Oh, oh…whenever Binkles would want a treat in the middle of the night, she’d let me know.

• Balefulregards
          Participant
          715 posts Send Private Message

Having been woken by full out leaping on bed…and then when I did not move fast enough, digging and nipping at sheets…for a thorough nose rub

I would say Yes.

I like to think of it as “HEY – I am awake and full of energy and want to share this with you!!!” And early morning is when Coco binkies, so it is worth it for me to pay attention

• bunnytowne
            Participant
            7537 posts Send Private Message

Is Possum your new bun? WE need piccies please. Apparantly he doens’t play possum early morning hehehe.

Cotton used to dig and jump me awake every 2 hours when I let him sleep with me. Gosh that got to be annoying. So he sleeps in his house.                  

• JamieM
              Participant
              321 posts Send Private Message

Layla spends the night in her cage cause she’s still litter training (LONG process!) but she shakes the door of her cage when she knows I’m in the room and I’m sleeping. Drives me nuts. I will be moving Layla into the living room as soon as it’s cooler outside.

• kimberleyanddarren
                Participant
                2520 posts Send Private Message

my buns stay in their cages at night because i have 2 dogs and although i trust them together 100000% i still wouldnt leave them together unsupervised just in case, so they get let out as soon as i get up and when i get in from work and this keeps them occupied, i also give treats before bed time or i get lots of noise and jumping around all night long >.<

• wendyzski
                  Participant
                  1312 posts Send Private Message

Pepper used to rattle the gate at my bedroom door when she thought it was pellet-time.  But I redfused to respond to her so she stopped.  I didn’t want to reward THAT particular behavior or I’d never get any sleep.

• Deleted User
                    Participant
                    22064 posts Send Private Message

Put your bunny away  … Luey is in his pen from 10.30pm to 7.00am ..

• MarkBun
                      Participant
                      2842 posts Send Private Message

I tried to let Maryann be a free range bun but she took great delight in getting up on my bed’s headboard then cannonballing on my face.

• Tami
                        Participant
                        163 posts Send Private Message

ROFLMAO !!

markusdark, you could write a book !  Better yet………a Sitcom !!!  

• MarkBun
                          Participant
                          2842 posts Send Private Message

That’s why I love Dutches. Eventhough the antics are a pain in my arse at the time, afterwards it is quite a memory.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Bunny Wakes Me Up for Treats