Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A BUNNY TRANCE?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • BUNNYFOOFOO823
      Participant
      104 posts Send Private Message

How do you put a Rabbit in a trance? Ive seen some videos but all those Rabbits seem so calm! TigerLily flips out when I try to cradle her in my arm and flip her over, im scared she will kick her legs out or have aheart attack!

• reds2212
        Participant
        42 posts Send Private Message

My buns don’t let me do it either! I started doing it with my second bun the day we got him home thinking he would get used to it. Wrong! I wish I could because I’m tired of taking them to the vet for nail trims.

• MarkBun
          Participant
          2842 posts Send Private Message

Some buns just don’t take to trancing. To a rabbit, being on their back is just a heartbeat away from having their bellies ripped open by a predator.  They instinctually do not want to be in that position ever.

The only way I can get it to work is to get a firm hold on the chest and slowly rock Maryann back in between my legs. Even then, if I touch her in any way, she’ll kick out.

• Deleted User
            Participant
            22064 posts Send Private Message

I am glad it is not just me. I had a certain amount of tolerance before his neuter…but even after all this time, he will not let me do anything that smacks of vet care. He sees a towel, he knows it burrito time and thats it. If I kneel behind him, he knows its nail clipping time and off he goes.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
              Participant
              12067 posts Send Private Message

When you trance (and for a purpose, like nail trimming, its a god send; although otherwise unnecessary) you want to do it in a quiet room, when your rabbit has already had some exercise (so they aren’t full of beans) with no interuptions. Calm them down with some nose pets first and ensure they are peaceful. It might help to have someone with you, as you hold them in the trance postion they can rub the nose and ears (Which helps). And only try for short periods of time

• MooBunnay
                Participant
                3087 posts Send Private Message

Also, covering their eyes with a hand or a blanket can help them trance, be careful because, you don’t want to cover their nose and mouth too, just the eyes.

• Binkles
                  Participant
                  823 posts Send Private Message

Man, I could never get Binkles to trance. Haven’t tried it yet on Little-Bit, but she’s so high-strung anyway.

Too, I’m a bit weary of it because of all the speculations that it may be a bad thing for the bunny -like because it’s an unnatural position for them, the reason they trance is because they’re scared to death or their blood is rushing the wrong way or something. Small sharks do the same thing if you turn them over too..

=s But I don’t know though. That’s just what I’ve heard. I’m certainly no expert. But I DO know that I’ve seen several videos on YouTube where tranced bunnies are making happy honks and/ or are sleeping and snoring while on their backs.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A BUNNY TRANCE?