Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny Tore her nose! Help!!!!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    • Dally
      Participant
      49 posts Send Private Message

I was putting my bun in her hutch, and her nose got impaled by a bar on the cage, we got the metal out, but she has a gash in her nose, one long gash and a hole… i can send a pic but please is there anything we can do? we haven’t cleaned it because we didn’t want to get the cut wet, but should we? We think she might need stitches, but the vets that see buns aren’t open for at least 6 hrs. Please help!

• Bam
        16871 posts Send Private Message

Please send us a picture. Bring her indoors if possible, if she lives outside. You dont want her to get cold (wounded rabbits are more sensitive to low temperature).

Wounds should as a rule be cleaned, but if you can get to a vet within a few hours, it might be better if you dont mess with the wound.

• Dally
          Participant

She is at the vet currently, getting stitches. I can send a pic as soon as i can, but it might be a few hrs. Apparently she needs anesthesia, which i’m very nervous about…

• Wick & Fable
            5781 posts Send Private Message

For rabbit experienced vets and rabbits who are generally of good health, anesthesia is typically safe and many make it out fine. Fingers crossed that things are going well!

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Bam

Anesthesia these days is not a big issue for an otherwise healthy bun. It was different back in the day, but rabbit medicine is rapidly evolving.

When you get her home just make sure she keeps warm, f ex by offering her a warm waterbottle or a microwaved sock filled with rice (put a glass of water in the microwave when you microwave the sock). She must have space enough to move away from the heat source if/when she wants to.

Entice her to eat by offering f ex fresh fragrant herbs. As soon as she starts to eat by herself the worst is over.

• Dally
                Participant

Thanks, She is eating/drinking, and seems normal, just tired.

• Bam

It’s quite normal for he to feel exhausted. Just keep her warm and make sure she has nice things to eat when/if she likes to. She’ll need a good night’s rest, and I suspect so do you 🙂

• LBJ10
                    16898 posts Send Private Message

Poor thing, I hope she is doing better now.

• Dally
                      Participant

She is, Thanks! i can’t send a pic (Not good with my computer haha) But she seems happy and is going pooping/peeing normally, so no GI stasis 😀

• Dally
                        Participant

She’s completely fine! Her stitches are going to removed next week, and she’s acting completely normal. Thank you everyone

• Bam

Great news! Thank you for the update!

• Dally
                            Participant

yep 🙂

• DanaNM
                              8930 posts Send Private Message

that’s great!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 12 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny Tore her nose! Help!!!!