Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Bunny TOO bonded????

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • Lilo
      Participant
      46 posts Send Private Message

Whenever my mom goes into the kitchen (Where Lilo is) she wants food and will chew on the cage doors and beg. When I come into the kitchen she jumps up and will race around her cage. When I open the door she’ll sniff me, lick me, and sit so I can pet her. She’ll tolerate being held only by me, (letting me bounce her like a baby, kiss her head) and she’ll even kiss me! I’m afraid that when I leave this summer for vacation she’ll be depressed. What do I do????

• MyPets101
        Participant
        59 posts Send Private Message

maybe get her a bunny friend? I know this might not be possible (it wasn’t with my dad) but I eventually got a second bunny.

• tobyluv
          Participant
          3310 posts Send Private Message

Would it just be you leaving on vacation or would your Mom and other family members be leaving too? If it’s just you, your Mom and any other family members should start spending more time with Lilo, so that she will feel more comfortable with them and not miss you so much. They don’t have to try to hold her, but they should sit beside her, talk to her and pet her and they can hand feed her some pellets or veggies or some small treat. If you have no plans to get another bunny to bond with her, then you can make sure that Lilo feels close and comfortable with any others in the house.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Bunny TOO bonded????