Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Bunny Sunroom

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Greenfairy
      Participant
      2 posts Send Private Message

Has anyone built a bunny habitat within a four season sunroom?i am
        Planning on building a sunroom within
        The next year or two but want a large part of the space to be a permanent glorious place for my bunnies to
        live to maximize their freedom. Any thoughts, ideas, warnings, designs are welcome! I doubt local
        Contractors will be used to this request so your feedback is appreciated!

• Dface
        Participant
        1084 posts Send Private Message

I actually had a glass house for my pair. Here’s the thing though, rabbits don’t do well in hot temperatures. They love to lounge in a bit of sun, but once it gets past a certain temperature they’re going to struggle and risk heat stroke.

I designed the glass house to have a warren with clay pipes, creating an area which was definitely cooler that they could go relax in and that was a good temperature for them, but we still had to be careful. We also had sheltered overhangs that they could get out of direct sunlight but still be out and about.

Where i am it general doesn’t get eccesivley warm, but sunrooms/glasshouses get HOT.
          We also used a cover for the house to keep the sun off so it wouldn’t over-heat.
          Id think about installing windows and doors that will allow for a good current of air to go through-without riski g escapees, and blinds, to keep the sun out at times, or put just on sections to try create a temperature gradient. (seems counter intuitive in a sun room)

Get a thermometer as well, and keep an eye on it. Rabbits can adjust to heat, but not so much to huge temperature changes. So if the sun room is roasting during the day, but the temperature plummets dramatically over night it makes it unsuitable – my rabbits slept in the main house at night because glass houses get crazy cold at night compared to day time temperatures.
          Hope this helps a bit!

• Asriel and Bombur
          Participant
          1104 posts Send Private Message

Four seasons sunrooms usually have central air/AC/heating, so they’d be totally fine in there So if you weren’t planning on that, I would definitely make sure you can have central air or at least AC in it. But it’s not like a porch, so it would obviously be insulated and protected. I think the other thing would be carpeting. I know it sounds silly to put it in a sunroom, but your buns will thank you.

• Greenfairy
            Participant
            2 posts Send Private Message

Thanks so much for the feedback! We are planning on the AC being in their but blinds atleast in the bunny section is a good thought. Has anyone used indoor/outdoor carpeting? I was thinking of doing that with vinyl underneath to be sure the urine doesn’t ruin the floor

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Bunny Sunroom