Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny-sitting

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • Cassi&Charlie
      Participant
      1260 posts Send Private Message

I’m bunnysitting two unbonded bunnies for the next week & need some advice on what to do & where to put them. My bunnies are free-range and I don’t exactly have seperate rooms in my apartment, so how can I stop my bunnies from going psycho? I don’t want a poop war & I definately don’t want any more pee on my cream carpet.

Suggestions?

I’m really worried about how this is going to upset the balance of the house…I don’t want my babies unbonding or anything!

• Beka27
        Participant
        16016 posts Send Private Message

can you keep the new buns in the kitchen, so if there is some territorial marking it will hopefully be able to be cleaned up easily? there is always a chance that there’s going to be marking. new buns brought into a house (hopefully they’re at least speutered tho!) can even break up bonds betw/ existing pairs. there are no separate rooms at all in your house?

• jerseygirl
          22345 posts Send Private Message

Sounds like it’s going to be a tricky week for you!  Will the bunnies you’re sitting come with their own cages? If so you may be able to stack the cages on top of one another if the space is limited.   As Beka said, kitchen would be a good area to keep them and easier to clean up .If you gated off the door way, they could have the kitchen for play time too. You could even maybe prevent C & L from the area for the whole week.  Do the vinegar and water thing after they’ve gone home, to get rid of their scent so that C&L don’t go crazy reclaiming their space.   Oops, I didn’t think – will you be even able to let the newbies have free time out together?

You may get some attitude from your two but after the bun sitting is over and you’ve cleaned through AND their routines are re-established, things should settle down. It’s going to be tricky and take some diligence I bet! Maybe someone else will give some pointers hopefully.

What did you do when you first bought Layla home?

• Cassi&Charlie
            Participant

When I 1st brought Layla home it was bad. Charlie went completely nuts, he kept stalking up and down the edge of the pen and biting everyone/thing. Layla was fine, she just ignored Charlie.

Ok, they’re both neutered, but unbonded. I’m thinking about putting them in the laundry. It’s nice and cool in there and quite big because the bathroom comes off it. I can put a fence in between so the two can be in there together & just put a sheet over it so they dont fight each other. I don’t want to shut the door though, because it’s dark and stuff, and even with the light on it’s still not as nice as natural light. I might block off the kitchen and laundry area so that my bunnnies can’t get close to the other bunnies. Will that help?

I just love my babies so much, I don’t want to distress them or unbond them

• Beka27
              Participant
              16016 posts Send Private Message

are they unbonded for a reason? wouldn’t it be cool (if their owners wanted) if they’d bond while at your house?

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                Participant
                12067 posts Send Private Message

Also you may want to ensure there’s no contact just in case the new buns are carrying anything…Maybe fence off or close the door to the room where they are; Just in case I know I’m making it more not less complicated sorry!!

• Cassi&Charlie
                  Participant

She’s been trying to bond them recently but has had a few setbacks so she wants me to try and get them back on track while they’re at my house in unfamiliar, neutral territory.
                    K&K, I completely agree, they’re not having any contact with my bunnies at all!

Thanks guys, no doubt I’ll have a whole heap of new questions when I get them tomorrow!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                    Participant
                    12067 posts Send Private Message

Ahhh so your sitting and bonding!! What a good friend you are

• Cassi&Charlie
                      Participant

Hahaha, maybe. She’s heading to the beach for a week, lucky her! We’ll see how I go with the bonding…mine took a few weeks to bond, so I don’t have high expectations for the week they’ll be here. I’ll certainly give it a shot. Look out for my posts on the bonding forum where I’m pulling out my hair in frusteration

• jerseygirl
                        22345 posts Send Private Message

The laundry and kitchen area sounds like ample room. I wouldn’t be too concerned about the light. Remember, they seem to prefer the dimmer, dusk like light.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny-sitting