Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny sitting!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • ray
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

Hi everyone!

my boyfriend and I are lucky owners of a beautiful lop called Buddy who is approx 4 months old. We adopted him from a friend who couldn’t look after him long term as her landlord doesn’t allow pets. we’re going away next month and our only real option for him to be looked after is for him to stay for a week at his previous owner’s house (we couldn’t find anyone who would be able to come and feed him as well as supervise him getting lots of time to roam and we don’t want him stuck in his hutch all week!)

as we’ve only had him for about a month, he’s just starting to settle in and show signs that he feels safe and relaxed in the house. when he first moved in he would hide behind the sofa a lot and be quite nervous around us, but now he’s happy to sit with us and even jumps on my lap while i’m working! my worry is – if he moves to a different home for a week, will that disrupt how settled he feels here? i’m so worried about undoing all of the trust we’ve built up or upsetting him by moving him again. does anyone have any experience with things like this?

thanks so much!

Ray x

• Bam
        16838 posts Send Private Message

I think he’ll be fine. The bun I have now had to move house three times before she was 5 months old. It doesn’t seem to have made her insecure or anxious. It’s normal for a rabbit to be wary the first few days in a new home. If he’s staying with his former owner for a week, it won’t be a new place for him.

• DanaNM
          8901 posts Send Private Message

I agree, I think he’ll be just fine. 🙂 When you move him over, keep some soiled litter in his litter box to help things smell more like home to him.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny sitting!!