Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Bunny Sitting!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • bree
      Participant
      8 posts Send Private Message

Hello everybody!

I have one bunny right now, but I have loved bunnies for a very long time! I have tons of experience with them too. I am in three 4-H clubs and have done programs with animal shelters too. (I want to be an exotic veterinarian, actually, and I have a bunny, a uromastyx lizard, two birds, and a fish, haha) — well, I am in 8th grade right now and I actually got into an Animal Sciences Academy high school program at a high school near where I live — so, I wanted a way to get experience while also helping out others, which I love to do 🙂 — So I was wondering if anyone had any tips on starting a bunny sitting “business” or if anybody around central NJ would be interested 🙂 I can tell you more about my ideas but if anyone lives around central NJ and needs somebody to sit their bunnies, I would be very pleased too! I only have the one bunny downstairs in a pen and I live in a house that’s 3500+ square feet so the bunnies wouldn’t come near each other! I have an extra pen that’s super large and the kitchen-downstairs area is all bunny-proofed 🙂 The only thing I would ask is if you could give your own pellets / veggies, but I do have timothy hay — a 25 pound bale of it — however if you are interested in bunny-sitting and your bunny is picky or is a baby then you could provide your own hay to make sure that there aren’t any bunnies that don’t eat their hay! I know how to take care of bunnies and other animals (birds, fish, reptiles) but please let me know if anyone has any tips or if you are interested — I’m not exactly sure how much to charge or if to charge since I just want experience as of now but if you see this post and are interested then perhaps $10 a day would be good if you provide veggie / pellets / possibly hay and I also have a hairbuster and I know how to clip their nails (this isn’t my first bunny) — so let me know! Thank you 🙂

• Susanne
        Participant
        418 posts Send Private Message

Hi, I wish you lived by me! I need a bunny sitter. I wonder if this website could somehow connect local people to local resources. I’d definitely also bunny sit for someone.

• bree
          Participant

Yeah, I’m in central NJ but if people could drive to me from north or south NJ from areas that are closer to central that could work too 🙂

• pinkiemarie
            Participant
            414 posts Send Private Message

Oh wow I don’t leave often but if I did and lived near you I would hire you! It really scares me to think about leaving town and having my rabbits in the care of someone who isn’t familiar with their unique needs. Because of your age I would definitely have your parents help you screen potential clients before giving them your address or anything!

• bree
              Participant

Yes my Mom knows about rabbits too! She helped take care of my rabbits 🙂 My Mom knows that I want to start bunny-sitting too and she thinks it’s a great idea I’m working on a website I just feel like NJ is kind of dead to be honest so I’m having trouble getting the word out there

• Susanne
                Participant
                418 posts Send Private Message

I have not left mine except a few days when I first got one. They didn’t follow the instructions and although it wasn’t anything health threatening for a few days I’m scared to leave them again. I live in Cincinnati, Oh. If any admin sees this and can think of a way to connect people that would be a great use of this community. Even putting location on our profile?

• bree
                    Participant

Yes! I feel adding a way to find responsible bunny sitters would be great. It’s such a struggle to find people with rabbit experience!

• DanaNM
                    8930 posts Send Private Message

Hi everyone, moderator here 🙂

I believe we used to have location info as part of the profile, but that disappeared when we did the site update. I will inquire about that.

As much as I like the idea of folks connecting to help each other out, we do have a forum rule against advertising, and promoting sitting services gets pretty close to that line. Since there is a lot of action on this thread now, I will leave it here for now but will lock it, and will talk to the other moderators about things we could do in the future.

I do think that while it sounds good at first, we (the Binky Bunny community) are spread out far and wide across the world, so the odds of finding a sitter close enough to you on this forum would be pretty low. We want to avoid a situation where people come here just to advertise services. Sites like Craigslist are a better venue for that.

Many house rabbit rescue organizations help coordinate pet sitters for their region, and even have volunteers that do sitting to earn donations for the rescues. For anyone looking for a sitter or looking to offer sitting services, I encourage you to reach out to rabbit rescues in your region as a first step.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 6 reply threads
                  • The topic ‘Bunny Sitting!’ is closed to new replies.

Forum DIET & CARE Bunny Sitting!