Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Bunny scared of me when I’m on a chair?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    • Buttons CS
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

Hi all! First time posting here – I’m also a new bunny mom. Apologies if I get a little wordy!! I got my little one (his name is Buttons) about 2 weeks ago and he’s about 10/11 weeks old.

We have made a lot of progress in those two weeks! His litter training is going well, and he’s settled in quite fast I think. I started opening up my room for free roam while I’m awake the other day and he’s very happy. He’s not afraid of me or anything normally – he accepts pets when he’s resting (mostly in his hideaway in his pen), he eats from my hand, he even follows me around when I’m walking around my room, trying to get treats I think. He has only flopped directly next to me in the open twice and doesn’t really sit still for pets unless he’s ready to nap for a bit, but I’m sure more will come eventually.

The only weird thing is, he gets really weirded out when I sit in my chair or on my (tall-ish) bed. As soon as I sit on them, he gets wary and retreats but when I get off of them, he goes back to normal. Again, he is comfortable at my feet when I’m standing and I’m pretty sure I’m at least a little taller standing than sitting in my chair! He also likes exploring the feet of the chair and around it when it’s not being used and he’s even cool with my boyfriend sitting in bed when we are both hanging out here with him.

I know 2 weeks is not a lot of time, so I understand I may be jumping the gun here and it’ll even out eventually but I’m concerned that me doing that is going to make him more wary of me while I’m still trying to get him more comfortable here and with me. It’s a bit tough to avoid as I do have my work desk here. Yesterday, while working, he just stayed mostly hiding and was skittish until hours later after I had been out of my desk for a while.

Has anyone else ever had this strangely specific circumstance happen? Any advice on approaching this while trying to avoid going a bit backwards?

Thank you so much for reading and any advice!!

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Bunny scared of me when I’m on a chair?