Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny Safe Air Fresheners

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • BenitoTheBunny
      Participant
      7 posts Send Private Message

Hi everyone! 🙂

I hope I’m posting this in the right place! I’m a new bun mom and was wondering if the Arm & Hammer Pet Scentsations Lavender Fields Electric Oil Diffuser is safe for bunnies. If not, do you guys have any recommendations of any bunny safe air fresheners?

• DanaNM
        8930 posts Send Private Message

I don’t know for sure, but several essential oils are not safe to diffuse around cats or rabbits (including lavender), so I wouldn’t use it. The general advice is not to use air fresheners or oil diffusers around rabbits.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Cinnimon&Ollie
          Participant
          300 posts Send Private Message

That is not safe. Typically you aren’t supposed to use air fresheners by rabbits. Is there a reason you want to? The best option would be for it to be organic but I still wouldn’t recommend it.

• BenitoTheBunny
              Participant

Thank you! 😁 I wanted to use something to cover up the pee smell (it doesn’t really bother me but my mom doesn’t like it) but I’ve seen several videos saying that an air purifier helps! Might invest in one of those.

• Cinnimon&Ollie
                Participant
                300 posts Send Private Message

An air purifier should help, that is a great idea. Some of them can be costly, so if you don’t want to spend that much I would look on facebook marketplace or craigslist.

• LBJ10
                16898 posts Send Private Message

Most essential oils are not considered safe to use around cats or rabbits.

• DanaNM

Is your bun spayed/neutered? Usually that helps a lot with pee smell!

I’ve also found that pine pellet litter works great for odor control, and is very economical if you buy it in large bags. I’ve also noticed a huge reduction in pee odor once I switched my buns to a higher quality pellet food.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• BenitoTheBunny
                      Participant

He’s only 2 months so he’s not neutered yet.

I’ll definitely try out the pine pellet litter! I’ve been using CareFresh & been transitioning him to Oxbow Young Rabbit Pellets for his food. I’m not sure what brand his old food is though, so that may be why!

Thank you for the advice! 😁

• DanaNM

Oh he’s just a baby!

Puberty definitely makes buns super stinky, so things should def calm down once he’s ore grown up and neutered!

• LBJ10
                        16898 posts Send Private Message

Yeah, Carefresh is not very good for odor control. Pine pellet litter like Feline Pine or (cheaper) horse stall pine pellets are much better at controlling odor. The pine pellets are safe because they are kiln dried.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny Safe Air Fresheners