Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR bunny proofing walls

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    • Xtina22
      Participant
      58 posts Send Private Message

I’m looking for some recommendations to save my walls! My bun’s condo and free-run area is in my basement, which happens to have wainscoting on the walls (like this )  ….of course I didn’t think about that before getting the rabbit, it’s basically a big irresistible chewing opportunity for him!

Right now I’ve covered the bottom half of the walls with poster board from the dollar store. It does the job but doesn’t look great. I tried anti chew sprays, soap, ect and nothing short of physically covering them up seems to work at this point. 

Now that we’ve officially adopted Norman, I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for something that may be a little more aesthetically pleasing as a long term solution? Anything handy at the hardware store that may work? I don’t mind investing a bit of money if it will look better and do the job. The wainscoting is white, so if it is the same color or transparent that would be best.

• Cinnabunn the bunny
        Participant
        134 posts Send Private Message

they have plastic wall protectors but those may still be chewed on by naughty bunns. I just use a cage such as c and c cage to make sure that my bunnies can no longer get to the problem areas period

• Xtina22
          Participant

I took a look at the hardware store yesterday and didn’t find much. For now I still have white cardboard lined walls :/

• Sunny
            Participant
            68 posts Send Private Message

both i and a lot of other members here like to use those storage grid cube panel thingies. i’m not very good at describing them, but you could probably find what i’m talking about by googling those 4 words. you can attach them using the plastic connectors that they come with or with zip ties, and either way you should be able to keep your walls safe (especially if the grids are kept an inch or two from the wall). they also don’t look too bad, especially if you get whatever color fits best in the room.

• Rookie
              Participant
              466 posts Send Private Message

have you tried wall curtains? or other chew toys in that area? placing curtains would mean he couldn’t get close to the wall and he did chew it would be the curtain that can be replaced easier and providing toys in that area may take his attention away from the wall by providing other chewables

• Rookie
                Participant
                466 posts Send Private Message

have you tried wall curtains? or other chew toys in that area? placing curtains would mean he couldn’t get close to the wall and he did chew it would be the curtain that can be replaced easier and providing toys in that area may take his attention away from the wall by providing other chewables

• Ella
                  Participant
                  66 posts Send Private Message

I got long tiles that are about $2 each to cover up my baseboards. Works great! You can find them at Lowes or Home Depot

• Rjuls04
                    Participant
                    2 posts Send Private Message

I use paper tape which you can get from any storage place (I.e. EZStorage). One of my bunnies chews it sometimes but it helps. Cheap but not very pleasing to the eye.

• Xtina22
                      Participant

Thanks for the tips everyone! Some good news is that I gave my bun more freedom and took the chance of not covering all the walls. So far so good. He’s taken some nibbles but no major damage

• joea64
                        Participant
                        1423 posts Send Private Message

Offering your bun more suitable things to chew on should also help distract him from the walls.

• Xtina22
                          Participant

Oh I have given him many, many, many items! LOL

I think the chewing he’s been doing has been more of an attempt to explore and see what’s behind the walls/doors than actual chewing for pleasure or out of boredom.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR bunny proofing walls