Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Bunny Proofing on a Budget

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • NetherlandLop
      Participant
      7 posts Send Private Message

I’m currently researching different products to bunny proof my bedroom but I am limited in the amount of money I can spend as a large chunk of my budget is going into purchasing an air purifier. This is a non-negotiable purchase as I have allergies and I need this if I’m going to have my buns with me in my bedroom.

I currently have split tubing cord protectors and two plant stands on my list (I have some large plants that have to go on the floor but I’m going to raise them above bunny level).

I know that there is a never ending list of things I could buy to bunny proof, but I also want to put money towards better enrichment, a better litter set up etc.

I was wondering:

1. Is there anything you highly recommend I buy for bunny proofing? (I have a carpeted bedroom)

2. Would it be a better idea to just wait and observe my buns to see what they are interested in before making excessive purchases?

• DanaNM
        8930 posts Send Private Message

I think waiting to see what needs to be bunny-proofed is a good idea! It helps to get on the floor level and supervise the bun closely at first to see what they are most interested in.

Here are some of the things that have been essential for me:

-Heavy ceramic tiles to block any “hot spots” where they dig or chew the carpet. My buns that loved to chew carpet loved cardboard cat scratchers as toys. Whenever you block an trouble spot, it helps to provide an alternative for them to chew instead.

-NIC cube grids and cable ties. You can connect these together to make small panels to block access to any areas you want to keep the bun out of. Super useful for blocking cords under desks, area under the bed (my bridge bun used to try to burrow into my box spring), etc.

Also side note… I’ve made some very inexpensive air filters by taping a home HVAC filter to a box fan. Not sure if it would work for you but they work great for me and was much cheaper than pre-made HEPA filter. I used this method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH5APw_SLUU&ab_channel=MichiganMedicine

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS Bunny Proofing on a Budget