Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A bunny pooping some blood

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • masya
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

yesterday when i was changing my bunny litter i saw a bit of blood with her poop. is there anything i can do to perhaps fix that by changing her diet or something before i run to the vet n spend a lot of money to just hear nothing. please help :'( 

• OverthinkingBun
        Participant
        169 posts Send Private Message

If there really is blood in her poop, that’s pretty serious, I would think. Are you sure you aren’t seeing reddish colored urine (which is generally harmless)? You can try putting hydrogen peroxide on the stuff and seeing if it fizzes. If it fizzes, it is blood, and you should take her to the vet. Good luck.

• LBJ10
          16908 posts Send Private Message

Is it red/orange liquid? Could it use be pee? Or are there blood clots? If it really is blood, then my first thought would not be her poop. Is she spayed? How old is she?

• Rain
            Participant
            547 posts Send Private Message

Did you feed her anything red? I fed my rabbit too much strawberry once and she got red poop for a little bit. If it’s truly blood, it looks shiny, liquidy and blobby. In that case, it would be best to take her to a vet. I agree with LBJ10, that if she is not spayed and is above a year old, that she could have the beginning stages of uterine cancer. That means to save your bun she would need to be spayed anyways. But first check to see if it is blood, and if it is, take a sample of the poo in a plastic bag, and take her to the vets.

• Mikey
              Participant
              3186 posts Send Private Message

Blood in waste means internal bleeding. She needs to see a vet ASAP.

• sarahthegemini
                Participant
                5584 posts Send Private Message

If it’s blood, changing her diet isn’t gunna fix it. This is a something that you should literally run to the vet for.

• Bam
                  16877 posts Send Private Message

Red blood in poop means there’s a bleeding at the far end of the GI tract, in the rectum or just inside the anus. It can be hemorrhoids or something else.

You can test if it really is blood by dripping hydrogen peroxide on it. If it’s blood, it’ll foam. If it’s red from plant pigments like carotene, it won’t foam.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A bunny pooping some blood