Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE bunny playpens…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • nikki82
      Participant
      7 posts Send Private Message

hey everyone i am new to the group, and just trying to do as much research as i can about rabbits before i decide to get one.. i did have one for about 6 months, but i was only rabbitsitting and it wasn’t actually my rabbit..anyway my question is..I am visually impared, and am trying to figure out how i would give my bunny out of cage time without constantly being on top of him/her makeing sure they are not into anything they shouldn’t ( basicly im trying to maximize the time the bunny would have out of the cage to play/excercise. I have a kitten and a pug.. the pug i know will be fine as he is very laid back but im worried about the kitten trying to ( play..) with the bunny and accidentally hurting it.

plus i can alwyas crate my pug for a fiew hours to give the bunny run around time but locking the cat in another room is not going to work lol..

I have seen on online sites those playpens for like ferrets that have the top and bottom to them..would this work for a bunny.. also thinking with the top it would keep the cat out…           

• Deleted User
        Participant
        22064 posts Send Private Message

We have a playpen thing for when we cant sit and watch them constantly, and they love it. drsfosterandsmith.com have one of the ones with a top and I have seen other webpages with people using those as the primary living space for their bunnies, so it might be the right option for you!

• nikki82
          Participant

yes the one on drs foster and smith is the one i saw…i knew it would work for a ferret, but wasn’t sure aobut a bunny

• Deleted User
            Participant
            22064 posts Send Private Message

I just saw your response to my post about the NIC cubes, and I wanted to mention that if you get a large “bunny cage” like 2’x4′ you can also use the playpen as an extension of their space since the pens usually are able to be opened and or shaped in various ways. This is of course dependent on the space you have available.

• JK
              Participant
              2223 posts Send Private Message

Yes that’s true.  I have a large cage and have a xpen attached to it so that Edson can come out anytime he wants.  It works very well.  The xpen also has a door so that you can open that to let him/her out into the rest of the room or house.  However, Edson chooses to stay in his xpen most of the time!  The xpens come in various heights.  I recommend the 36" one if you have a jumper.  You can actually put a sheet on top to cover the top.  BUT with a kitten I would be extra careful because she/he will probably leap over anything since they really have no fear at that age!  Good luck and welcome to this site!  Everyone is so helpful here.

• nikki82
                Participant

that is why im thinking of getting the top for it…that way if the cat does get on top it won’t fall through and hurt itself or the bunny…

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE bunny playpens…