Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Bunny not pooping, and stomach making loud sounds

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • lillybrody
      Participant
      3 posts Send Private Message

Hi everyone! I have a bunny named Lilly who recently had some bladder stones/sludge, and for the last few days since we brought her back from the vet after getting her treated she hasn’t quite been pooping. It’s the second day she’s back home, and so far she’s been peeing and running around everywhere, even eating some dandelions and a bit of kale, yet she hasn’t pooped yet. I also hear really loud gurgling sounds coming from her stomach, and have been massaging that area to try to help. I’m not sure what else to do, bc she still eats and is quite active, but she hasn’t pooped at all.

Do you guys have any suggestions on actions I should take? Thank you :))

• Bam
        16878 posts Send Private Message

It is great that she is eating and is active!

A loud tummy means the intestines are moving, which is very good. She  likely has some gas. You can give her 1 ml simethicone baby gas drops once per hour for 3 hours, to help will that. (Simethicone is not absorbed into the body, it stays in the GI canal until it gets pooped out. It doesnt interact with other meds.) Also make sure she is well hydrated. You can serve herbs or other greens dripping wet. You can serve water with a few drops of unsweetened apple juice in it (but always let her have plain water as well, since some buns refuse water that tastes “funny”).

If she is eating and drinking now, she will probably start to poop pretty soon. She couldve got a bit of stomach upset due to the vet visit itself, perhaps she had some meds, and she may not have eaten her exact normal food at the vets. These things will all affect the rabbit tummy, but hopefully it will soon resolve.

Light tummy massage and physical activity is good for the workings of the gut.

Contact your vet if she stops eating and/or shows signs of pain and discomfort, such as shifting position very often (=inability to find a comfy position to lie in), pressing her belly against the floor (like a human trying to do a pushup but failing to keep their back straight), unwillingness to move at all or even hiding away from sight, especially in places she won’t normally go.

• DanaNM
          8935 posts Send Private Message

How is Lilly doing now?

Not to hijack the thread, but Ellie I had been meaning to tell you, I think that hay tea recipe may have saved Bun Jovi’s life a couple years ago when he went into stasis over the weekend. It was the only thing I could get him to eat or drink willingly (but only when it was fresh!). I revisit the recipe often!

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Bunny not pooping, and stomach making loud sounds