Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny magazines or newsletters?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    • Beka27
      Participant
      16016 posts Send Private Message

i know there are magazines a-plenty for cat and dog lovers… but are there any for rabbits?  one’s you can subscribe to and get delivered to your home? or, if not… one’s you can subscribe to thru email?  i get the email newsletter that was in the links here… the Australian Bunologist… but does anyone know of any others that are available?

• osprey
        Participant
        2065 posts Send Private Message

I think HRS (at least they used to) has a snail mail newsletter.

• MarkBun
          Participant
          2842 posts Send Private Message

Most magazines for bunnies are usually annual since there isn’t alot news for bunnies. There is Rabbits USA as well as Rabbit Magazine.

• LittlePuffyTail
            18092 posts Send Private Message

The only one I know of is the annual “Rabbits USA”. It comes out in my area in February so I stop into my local mag store just about every day until I find it cuz they only get a couple and they don’t last. If I could subscribe I would but I’m not aware that this is possible.

There should be a monthly or at least bi-monthly rabbit mag. They are after all the 3rd most popular companion animal! I get so annoyed cuz I go to Chapters and see a monthly ferret mag, and tons of bird, fish and reptile mags. Come on, a fish magazine…?

If you become a member of the House Rabbit Society you receive a newsletter in the mail.

• Scarlet_Rose
              Participant
              4293 posts Send Private Message

Hmm, I know Binky Bunny has a newsletter too. I beleive that any of your local rabbit rescues have a newsletter if you join with a small donation. The thing with the magazines is that they are mostly geared towards breeders and breeding so you really won’t get something for house rabbits.

• BinkyBunny
                8776 posts Send Private Message

We are planning on bumping up our newsletters starting in the new year to have more pics, tips etc and get them out more often.

But I agree with you, I would like to be able to subscribe to a monthly magazine. I like having a physical magazine that I can just hang out with and read. I know it’s not an easy task. Pay experts to write new and interesting stuff, provide tons of pictures, and then sell space for advertisers so you can actually pay for the magazine. Maybe in the future if someone hasn’t created a monthly bunny mag, and if BinkyBunny ends up ever making more of a profit (than just being able to support itself) then maybe BinkyBunny could help support something like that.

Either way, wish someone would do it so I can get a subscription.

• Lisa_43
                  Participant
                  1499 posts Send Private Message

Would be nice, in Australia you get zip on rabbits.

• Gravehearted
                    Participant
                    2428 posts Send Private Message

ooo I’d love a binky bunny magazine!!

I’ve seen the Rabbit USA  magazine and have been totally unimpressed with it. 

One site that has great bunny news is Hopper Home’s bunny blog, I’ve found out about all kinds of neat bunny events products and news.  A lot of the time it links you to other articles, but they do a nice job compiling info and a lot of it is rescue related.  It looks like the page’s columns are kinda wacky  at the moment-  but the middle column has the news stories.

http://www.hopperhome.com/bunny_blog.htm

• Beka27
                      Participant
                      16016 posts Send Private Message

interesting.  i’ve seen the big rabbit magazines at the pet store (and didn’t get them… 10 BUCKS for a MAGAZINE!!!) but i didn’t realize they were only annual.  that explains the price, and i also didn’t realize it was mostly geared towards breeding.  that’s not something i’m interested in.  i have read the back issues of the HRS newsletter on the website… but did they stop doing them b/c the archive stops at a certain point, or is it only available to members now?  it doesn’t even need to be "new developments" on bunnies… i even like reading stories about other people’s buns (which i why i *love* BinkyBunny!) or toy ideas or new products that are available. 

lol… this is embarassing… but i am on the mailing list for a few online small animal stores that sell products for rabbits, ferrets and guinea pigs.  when a catalog comes in the mail i pour over it… ignoring most of the products (Meadow has most everything she needs) but ogling the pics of the beautiful bunnies using them!  it’s like "PlayBun"… lol…

• babybunsmum
                        Participant
                        3896 posts Send Private Message

PlayBun…. hahaha… now THAT would be a cute magazine to buy!  "i buy it for the articles… honest!"

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                          Participant
                          12067 posts Send Private Message

There is a mag called BunnyMAd, its from the UK so postage is a bit pricey, but it’s a lovely mag…I bought mine from the creator on ebay…It’s quarterly!

Her ebay store is called bunny creations, and the mag is called bunnymad!

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Bunny magazines or newsletters?