Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Bunny licking the floor while laying down

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Lisa Li
      Participant
      61 posts Send Private Message

I’m not sure what’s he’s doing but he’s like licking the floor

IMG_7644

(Video reviewed and approved by Wick)

• Bun-chan
        Participant
        29 posts Send Private Message

I’ve seen my bunnies do that. I think they’re either licking their hands or licking the fabric that they’re lying on. Maybe your bun is licking the carpet because he likes it.

• sori
          Participant
          9 posts Send Private Message

my bunny does that too, i don’t think it has any particular meaning to, it maybe he’s just marking the territory or maybe he’s so used to doing that he started doing it automatically ><

• Bam
            16877 posts Send Private Message

Buns do this. It’sprobably some sort of grooming reflex. Rabbits are hard wired to groom other buns when they feel good and relaxed. They can lick a pillow or a crinkly tunnel (I had a bun who would groom his crinkly tunnel daily) or your hands or arms.

• DanaNM
              8935 posts Send Private Message

Bun Jovi does this tons. I sometimes try to sneak my arm under his face to see if I can get some grooms but nope, he just likes to groom the floor. 🙂

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• prince dorian the bun
                Participant
                743 posts Send Private Message

I kind of see it like when cats knead things when they are happy, less of a marking it’s theirs but it just feels good/gives them comfort. Dorian is usually licks everything when he is happy and super relaxed,  often followed by flops.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Bunny licking the floor while laying down